Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New X275 Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That makes alot of sense. Changing that 1 intake tube is nowhere near the work of doing the firewall connection/thru the wall over again.

Thanks for clearing that up.. I thought to ask that, or even why the Tb wasn't facing sideways... makes more sense now.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats why in this pic there are 3 pieces, in case blower comes out just bolt on cover/ I'm on it JW,
Old 07-21-2011, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

well got all the stuff for headers this afternoon, so we made 1 side........]

tomorrow do other side, and closeupfire wall[bottoms]
sat fit nose for outer pipes, ,carpet paint cage and done..............
Old 07-21-2011, 04:28 PM
8 Second Club

damn you guys work fast, what size primaries are those?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Race your car!

It's not that they work fast, they just

A: Know what they're doing

B: Work effeciently and stay on task

C: And this is the biggest one, they have the mindset to get work in, get it done the right way, and get it out.

I've watched these guys cut a 10 pt out and build a 25.5 with minitubs faster then I've seen a car get a 6 pt to 10 pt conversion and a battery relocated. The difference: Bob and Jay get a car in and start it and work it until it's done, alot of guys get 15 cars in, spend 1/2 an hour on every car every day and never get anything done.

This work ethic in the chassis shop industry is almost unheard of, and the best part, is that they do the work with the utmost quality.

Nice slip on collector on the headers too, I like the attachment method... same way I held the exhaust on my old setup to the headers. The headers come in and out in 5 pieces from the looks of it yes? If so that's awesome. What size are the primaries, look like at least 1 2/8, if not 2 1/4
Old 07-21-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
It's not that they work fast, they just

A: Know what they're doing

B: Work effeciently and stay on task

C: And this is the biggest one, they have the mindset to get work in, get it done the right way, and get it out.

I've watched these guys cut a 10 pt out and build a 25.5 with minitubs faster then I've seen a car get a 6 pt to 10 pt conversion and a battery relocated. The difference: Bob and Jay get a car in and start it and work it until it's done, alot of guys get 15 cars in, spend 1/2 an hour on every car every day and never get anything done.

This work ethic in the chassis shop industry is almost unheard of, and the best part, is that they do the work with the utmost quality.

Nice slip on collector on the headers too, I like the attachment method... same way I held the exhaust on my old setup to the headers. The headers come in and out in 5 pieces from the looks of it yes? If so that's awesome. What size are the primaries, look like at least 1 2/8, if not 2 1/4
lol, thanks, but we actually work on 3-5 cars at a time but yes we do what we can as quickly as we can.most times the customer and the parts is what slows us down.sooo when we cant work on one we go to the next. it's only Jay and myself so with him doing all the welding now,i can do all the other things like set up ,prep, ordering and try to keep us moving.

we have actually had Justins car @ 8 weeks, so while we where waiting we did a few other things. but cages and spec caes run from 5-7 days to 15 or so..........

Headers are 2 1/8 to 2 1/4 .hopefully tomorrow we will fish them and get nose mounted. you will like that setup
Old 07-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Race your car!

I didn't mean 1 car.. you just start a job with the intent of getting it out asap, whereas some guys are alot more "lax" about when it's done, they have more of the "it's done when it's done and you can adhere to MY schedule" type of mentality. And it makes sense to have a couple thing going at once so the parts waiting, doesn't stop all progress.

We do the same thing in my manufacturing facility I work @... there's always a few things going on so if a guy can't run X he just switches over to Y.

It's a work ethic thing. You guys, have it. And yes I can't wait to see how the nose is mounted up. I just don't need it removable.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

few more........and thats it for now.want to finish it up this weekend if we can. I know justin's got the truck fueled and pointing this way....

Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Great work as always!
MIKE
Old 07-21-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by comecorrect
Great work as always!
MIKE
how's your wiring coming, mr ford powered ZO6
Old 07-21-2011, 06:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just flat out top-freaking-notch. The fact that they produce that level of quality ON TIME is just an added bonus.

I can't wait to have a NRC sticker on my car next year....
Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't mean 1 car.. you just start a job with the intent of getting it out asap, whereas some guys are alot more "lax" about when it's done, they have more of the "it's done when it's done and you can adhere to MY schedule" type of mentality. And it makes sense to have a couple thing going at once so the parts waiting, doesn't stop all progress.

We do the same thing in my manufacturing facility I work @... there's always a few things going on so if a guy can't run X he just switches over to Y.

It's a work ethic thing. You guys, have it. And yes I can't wait to see how the nose is mounted up. I just don't need it removable.
really ur gona tell the man how he runs his shop. lol looking at the pics id say nrc's got this. it looks ******* perfect to me.

-shiz on waynes laptop
Old 07-21-2011, 07:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all i can say is if i had mr smiths money id burn mine...

---Shiz
Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ATVracr
really ur gona tell the man how he runs his shop. lol looking at the pics id say nrc's got this. it looks ******* perfect to me.

-shiz on waynes laptop
he was just giving us a compliment, its all good
Old 07-21-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome work as usual. Can't wait to see the final product.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 AM
9 Second Club

Very nice!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:08 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by ATVracr
really ur gona tell the man how he runs his shop. lol looking at the pics id say nrc's got this. it looks perfect to me.

-shiz on waynes laptop
I've known Bob since before they relocated , when they were still on Long Island, and of all the fabricators out there that DON'T need to be told how to run their business, NRC has got to be on the top of that list.

These 2 guys will get more quality work done in a week then most shops can do in a month.... anyone that's dealt with others knows this.

They're 14 hours from me, and I still tell people to bring their car to them if it's possible.... and they're the getting mine when I'm done tinkering around. I just can't see sending it to anyone else at this point regardless of the distance. Even me taking a week off to go bring the car down, come home, then go back and get it and come home again will still get the thing back to me, done right in at least 6 weeks faster then I can hope for anywhere else.

My only regret is not using them on my initial work.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

ok guy's play nice or no more picts
Old 07-22-2011, 10:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My only regret is not using them on my initial work.

Same story here. Wasted money, quality, and time on a "local" rather than having NRC do it from the very start. I won't be making that same mistake again.

We were actually thinking about making a little caravan to bring 3 cars to the NRC guys next year to install cages in a few cars all at once. Makes the drive a little better, and maybe an overnight stop for a little fun as well, haha.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Race your car!

I hear ya. If I had something that they could do in a week I'd plan a vacation in SC and stay there for a week, even 2 if that was the case, but I know it's probably a 5 week deal, so I'll be making the trip back home then back down again.

Good chance that when I go to pick the car up, I'll plan a vacation that week, or at least for a couple days. Take the wife with me, that way I can keep her happy too.

I had the chance to use them when they're were up on Long island, but at the time I didn't have a way to trailer the car to them and driving a 5000 stalled Th400 car a couple hundred miles, on 110 octane gas on top of it just wasn't pratical. I should have, just waited to get the thing done until after I bought the trailer... or just got someone I know to bring it down for me. But that would have been too easy.

Quick Reply: New X275 Build