Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Bar Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by repo
its just the sphon that has issues. umi bmr ect have a bend around the shock area to allow for the ****,. the sphon is straight. if you do a search on it there are pictures of what I am talking about.
Yes this is correct, we do bend our bar around the shocks so there is clearance. Here is a picture to help show this-

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
After doing a search and watching videos of the before and after of cars launching, I will be getting a bar. I've needed one for awhile. We have been losing alot on the launch.

The UMI bar is my choice. The shock clearence is one reason as well as the toothed brackets that attach the bar to the housing.
Glad to hear. They machined teeth do really help the brackets from pivoting. If you need any help just let me know.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Yes this is correct, we do bend our bar around the shocks so there is clearance. Here is a picture to help show this-

Glad to hear. They machined teeth do really help the brackets from pivoting. If you need any help just let me know.

Thanks!
Ryan
the **** on the shocks apears to be rubbed in that pic is that from that bar or a previous one? i have a 25mm eibach stock style sway bar on the car now that rubs like that on my qa1s. im looking to go with yours or bmr anti roll like this but dont want anymore rubbing.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blue99fbody
the **** on the shocks apears to be rubbed in that pic is that from that bar or a previous one? i have a 25mm eibach stock style sway bar on the car now that rubs like that on my qa1s. im looking to go with yours or bmr anti roll like this but dont want anymore rubbing.
That was from a previous proto-type. Also if the bar isn't tight it can walk in the bushings and rub the shock. Otherwise as you can see from that picture there is plenty of clearance. I hope that helps!

Ryan
Old 09-02-2011, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the U brackets that bolt in the stock location and turn the shocks so the adjuster ***** inline with the LCA to prevent that.

not the best picture but you can see sortof what i mean, Ill take some better ones.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:21 PM
9 Second Club

1.29 60's with a Spohn dragbar and I drove it on the street plenty. It's heavy but for a stock style bar, they have to be.
I heard they had clearance issues but I never had any issue at all.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
I have the U brackets that bolt in the stock location and turn the shocks so the adjuster ***** inline with the LCA to prevent that.

not the best picture but you can see sortof what i mean, Ill take some better ones.

thanks id like to see some better pics if you can. where did u get the brackets from?
Old 09-03-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that depends on what shocks you have, Some mount the single **** with the bolt hole. some 90*, and there single and dual can be different too. Like there SA are with the bolt, but there DA will be across. And them some Afcos have both ***** on the same side..... AND.....a got a new set of strange DA. And that have one normal full sided ****, And the other in a very small across, but its offset the center of the tube. That was really helpfull for working with different parts. Some older shocks had both large *****, LS1tech is getting older, so you will find some pics and setups that are 5-10 years old and not the way the parts are now, and pics of the parts on websites not what you will get for the DA ***** styles.

Older mock up with brake kit pic, the tires are tucked in 1/2" more. TRZ bars si installed hear, its inside with tons of shock room.

sawybar-
I had that 24mm (1inch) 4140 Spohn "street"? rear bar.

painted that **** black, fast.

That thing was really nice, with stock style poly endlinks. It was super quite never made any nosie and rode great, Just bolt on up like stock and drive the car. Car was still super stiff, I would jack it up behind the front tires and the reartire would come up easy. The rearend didn't twist that easy, it had some body roll but for what it was I was really happy with it.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11..._3694_0003.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ntitledljk.jpg

I have the TRZ ARB setup now and like it. It has 3-4 things different that others I wanted for a race type setup.
-Lighter
_mounts off the rearend=unsprung weight, better grounds clearance- you can't see it driving behind the car .. you see a fox, or Fbody with the ARB hanging under he axle you know its gona move out.
-great catback room.
-has a stronger PHR brace. So you can remove the PHR (5pounds) and the gastank bar and its stronger then stock.
-to bolts on and you can remove it easy to work on the car. And easy to jack the car up still (dont have wedge the jack and let it scrape on the low mount bar)
- comes with a nice smaller PHR. (lighter then my 3/4 rod end 4130 I had)

These are older pics mocking it up.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks id like to see some better pics if you can. where did u get the brackets from?
Madman or Racecraft .
http://www.madmanandcoracing.com/sho...aspx?itemid=11

http://www.racecraft.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1721
Old 09-04-2011, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TRZ bar is a very nice piece because it offers a lot of things other bars don't. I would rank it the best arb for an F-body considering they have never had one break and they have been mid 4.60's.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

I just received a Wolfe single adj. Bar and it looks great can't wait to get it installed as well as the mini tubs... From what I've seen as far as cars with it and the quality of the bar I would recommend it to everyOne!

Quick Reply: Drag Bar Purchase