Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CSR Supershield for 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CSR Supershield for 4L60E

Anyone use this on an F body? What was involved, Does the trans have to come out? how is the fit? do you have to re-route anything such as dip stick tube, trans lines, linkage etc...
Old 09-18-2011, 11:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not know of anyone running it. But I'm sure someone is.

If it is like any other CSR Carbon Fiber shield the transmission will need to come out in order to get it installed. Typically there are a few minor mods that need to be done in order to get it to fit the given application. I've seen situations where it might need to be cut or ground down to fit. I've seen and heard of guys trying to install them with the tranny in the car, but in the end all of them removed the transmission.

I'm curious about your need to run one in the first place though... typically if a car in running fast enough to warrant the use of a tranny shield, then a 60e is most likely not the candidate for it.

What can you tell me about your car? I might be able to give you some advice.

g
Old 09-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Launching!

right now the car is running 11.10 best at 124MPH N/A with 1.5X 60' (could be better IMO). I am going to run a 100 shot of nitrous so I'm figuring the car will be a little quicker. I can get away with a blanket but I don't really like the idea due to the heat. I'm running 3200 stall and I am thinking on going to a higher stall so if I change it I will install a shield while it's out, and was curious as to what needed to be addressed. I'm running a FLT level 5.

Last edited by camarorat; 09-18-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

If your running an LS motor that shield will not work for you. They only make the shield for the 4l60e with the LT-1 bellhousing. It's been a little while since I looked, but last I saw, no one makes a shield for an LS-1 4l60e.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can call Bob Stroud for you and get a price on a blanket. Stroud is one of the leaders in the racing industry when it comes to safety products. I have worked with him in the past to develop custom safety blankets for clients from time to time. He has a universal ballisitc tranny shield that was designed originally for a TH400, not sure it it will work.

You could plan to spend anywhere from $400 - $650 for a blanket, let me know how serious you are and I'll make that call for you.

g
Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 PM
FormerVendor

I had nothing but clearance issues with the tunnel and the shield. There is also no room for the harness, so you will need to drill a hole in the shield which then takes away the cert.

I do have it on and figured trim it as needed to work and it's better then nothing.