Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help setup pinion angle on T/A!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 06:26 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
mine cam out with a + and a - when i did my bmr. you measure it from the plate on the bottom of the rear end housing, and the drive shaft. mine is set at -3. i believe the measurements were like +3 and -6
autos are set at -2 to -4 i believe.
That's because you took the measurements from the same side, like passanger side of the car. Look at the driveshaft and look at the pinion, they both face down, when pointing towards each other. If you're using the front of the vehicle as the diretion the angle is going then yes it would be + and - But in relation to each other they're -,-. Hard to explain on the computer.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rick C5
That's because you took the measurements from the same side, like passanger side of the car. Look at the driveshaft and look at the pinion, they both face down, when pointing towards each other. If you're using the front of the vehicle as the diretion the angle is going then yes it would be + and - But in relation to each other they're -,-. Hard to explain on the computer.
i understand where you are coming from perfectly.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is how I set the pinion angle on my cars.

1. Set the car up just like you would race it (tire pressure, air bag, ballast). The car should be sitting on level ground. Do not jack it up or block it.

2. Have driver sit in drivers seat (or use weight).

3. Measure pinion angle at driveshaft and pinion yoke.

Good Luck,

Daren