Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making my "car" faster.......parasitic losses and weight.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 09:03 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Making my "car" faster.......parasitic losses and weight.....

Well im trying to figure out the small stuff now..........broke into the 9's NA last week and now im chasing down the little stuff. Im thinking of REM polising ring/pinion gears and im looking for any ideas/suggestions on shaving weight and cutting down on drivetrain losses and rolling resistance with out cutting my car up to pieces.........car ran 9.91 @ 135 @3300lbs ......i know the car itself can prob be much more efficent, i look at all these superstock guys and i wonder immagine if i could get my car like that .....going to an ATI 8" race converter this winter as well as dropping another 35lbs i know of........any other suggestions or ideas welcome!!!

Thanks!!!
Mike
Old 12-07-2011, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of rear do you have?

Neil and Parks machines the strange 12bolt drop-in for ceramic bearings(they may do the 9'' too but idk). You spin the pinion and it rolls with almost zero resistance. Do you have race axles yet also?(gundrilled, starflanged)
Old 12-07-2011, 09:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by i6overboard
What kind of rear do you have?

Neil and Parks machines the strange 12bolt drop-in for ceramic bearings(they may do the 9'' too but idk). You spin the pinion and it rolls with almost zero resistance. Do you have race axles yet also?(gundrilled, starflanged)
no i know thats a place im loosing some........its got a strange dana s60 with the solid 35 spline axels they weigh a metric ton lol........i put a spool in and im going to have the gears polished also.......and switch to the red line shockproof ultra lightweight oil......
Old 12-07-2011, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

You can have the gears polished and lighten the ring gear, They machine the back of the gear and doesnt take away strength. Can lose 2 to 3 lbs of rotational weight right there.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Champion bearing co. I think is the name make some wheel bearings for a car to roll effortlessly. You should checkout classracer.com for some tips