Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I mount this 5 point harness to my Wolfe 6-point roll bar?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I mount this 5 point harness to my Wolfe 6-point roll bar?

I have a RJS roll bar mount 5 point harness and don't quite know how to mount it to my roll bar does anyone have any sugestions or did summit suggest the wrong one for me? Here are pics of what I am talking about.

Thanks Gilbert
Old 03-21-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

You want a wrap around harness for the wolfe bar. That one is not right.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks That was quick. I asked the tech at summit and he suggested the one I bought. So you think the tech might turn me down if I shove the eye through the bracket on the bar and stick a bolt with a nut on it?..lol.

Gilbert
Old 03-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

You will have to weld a tab onto the cross brace and then drill it and attach the eye ball to it and then your harness.

Jody J.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The tech at jegs did the same thing to me when i ordered mine. i would have welded a tab on the bar like jodyj said but my bar is powdercoated. they did an exchange for me with no extra charges for shipping. I made a bracket for the crotch strap like the one wolfe sells. thats a great idea they had.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by koolrayz
The tech at jegs did the same thing to me when i ordered mine. i would have welded a tab on the bar like jodyj said but my bar is powdercoated. they did an exchange for me with no extra charges for shipping. I made a bracket for the crotch strap like the one wolfe sells. thats a great idea they had.
Which harness did you go with. What am i looking for a wraparound dragster harness or dual shoulder one?

Thanks Gilbert
Old 03-22-2004, 10:49 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i looked at the RJS 5 PT's in the summit catalog and what you want is the floor mounted "Y" type shoulder harness. just take the clip with the bolt hole off and wrap the belt around the bar. You will have a shitload of extra belt. I cut it off using an old knife i heated up to melt the edges. dont ya love it you have to order the floor mount for the rollbar. I would pressure them to make the swap without any charges as the tech sterred you wrong.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:30 AM
On The Tree

Question

If you drilled a hole in the crossbar for the bolt would it be legal???? I keep seeing mentions of welding a tab on so I was just wondering,,,,,,,,,
Old 03-23-2004, 08:30 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont have a rulebook handy but I have seen quite a few belts just bolted to the rollbar by drilling a hole and using a bolt/locknut, it would be easiest just to exchange the belts for the right ones. I talked to one of the guys at Wolfe and they recommended the individual type with the stock camaro seats and the 'Y' type with firebird/aftermarket seats. I have the 'Y' type but the stock camaro seats really dont work right with it, they are too wide to go around the side and too tall going over the top of the seat but I dont thting the individual would be much better...

Quick Reply: How do I mount this 5 point harness to my Wolfe 6-point roll bar?