Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone daily drive with ET streets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike c.
yes chris,those are the tires. i got a set from my bud they were the 305/40.16 on some 95z rims. the tires were 5 years old, kinda worn,but they still pulled my front tires(no skinnies)off the ground at 12psi and in my m6 i cut a 1.59 60 foot on worn tires. i now have a set of the muscle car drags and a set of the cheater slicks too. i've tried et-streets and et-drags,i'll never use them again. be cool man, mike c. ps-tom lorden told me each tire is 5-lbs lighter then et-strees. the way they make them now,the hold air way better and tom said they don't need tubes.
Wow that is a good sixty for daily driven tires especially on M6

I have a 7.5 inch Convo pro. Do you think the P265/55-15 or the 275/50/15 would work best? I want maximum hook but do not want the tire to bulge on the rim

What size muscle car drag are you currently running now?

Chris
Old 03-24-2004, 12:23 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

I have a set of old 275-60-15 MH DOT tires, they were like M/T Sportsmans, treaded but bias ply. Worn out and prolly 5 years old they went 1.62's all day long. Car did handle like crap on them just like it will on ET Streets.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

chris. i have two sets one 305/40/16 muscle car drags on 97 lt1 rims for street racing(these are the tires i cut 1.59 on) i also have a set of the cheater slick 26/16/11.5 also on 97 lt1 rims. this is a new tire i'll be trying this year,tom told me they will out hook the muscle car drag(hope for 1.4 60's) either tire you listed should be fine,the 265's may have less buldg. the 305/40/16 don't bulge bad on a lt1 rim and they are 8in rims. call interco tire and ask for tom lorden's phone # he is a BIG help.like pro stock said,these tires are for racing,not 130mph down the hi-way,but man they really hook. try these tires you have nothing to loose,but you will gain. mike c.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ET Streets are great at the track but I definitely concur with everyone who says DON’T drive them regularly on the street.

They can be downright dangerous in a light rain. On a smooth asphalt surface it’s like driving on ice. Why take chances?

I drive to the track on ET Streets every weekend without a problem (about 10 miles each way). BUT, if rain hits while I am there, I either wait for things to dry up or call home for my wife to bring me a set of radials.

Oh, and the ABS Inoperative light is completely normal. The computer is just getting confused because it thinks your back wheels are revolving slower than the front wheels which it interprets as a skid. It eventually figures out that after you have been in a two mile long “skid” that something must be wrong with the system and shuts off the ABS. [The reason for the difference in rotational speed is due to the fact that the circumference on the ET Streets is greater than your tires on the front.]

I have also had Nitto’s. They were great tires if you want a single set for both track and road. Good traction (much better than street tires but somewhat less than ET Streets), quite good in the rain, and very good wear. But I see your best 60’ time was 1.509. I think you probably wouldn’t be happy with Nitto’s. I never had the slightest trouble hooking on Nitto’s when my 60’ foots were in the high 1.80’s. But once I got down to the low 1.70’s, I started having trouble. I would suggest separate tires for the street and track in your situation.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

I ran nittos for a while. It would sometimes hook in first and then blow the tires away from second till the end of 3rd.

I have to drive about 150 miles to the track each way. when not going to the track I'll just cruise around in the car (short distances)

hmmm I am not sure what to do.

I really want to drive to the track, lower the rear tire pressure bust off a high 10 or low 11 second pass and drive home.

Old 03-25-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have used E.T. Streets everyday for the past 2-2 1/2 years. The car does not come out in the rain, but I know they are not good in the water.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:09 AM
Banned

Chris ARE, what's up buddy? LOL J/K

The TR guys have been using M&Hs since the late 80's. They're a great tire and 60'-ing with them is no problem. Some folks don't know, but M&Hs were the first slicks out there. If you ever see a nostalgia dragster, the ones with the engine in the front and the differential on your ball$, and it's been restored to the condition it was in when raced back in the day, there will be M&Hs on it. I'm glad somone posted that website, because I was wondering if anyone made a 28x10x16 tire. Lo and behold, the originator makes them.

PS, I wouldn't drive on any kind of slick, grooves or not, on the street, unless I was going to drive to the corner store.

I once drove out to Fountain Ave in Brooklyn with my G-60 M&Hs on the back of my TR, and when I made the turn onto Fountain, my right tire went flat. Drove over one of those soda can pull tabs, the old school ones that you'd pull off, and got a flat. Well my TR was a non G80 option car, no posi, so I slapped the left tire on the right side and the spare on the left. I then proceeded to line up with a Mustang. I was on the right and when he looked over and saw the spare, he laughed and shook his head no. Well I egged him into it and off we went. You should have seen the faces and heard the cheering from the crowd when I spun that spare all the way down the street and whooped up that Stang. Man, I miss the good old days. I'm going to stop writing now cause I'm getting all teary eyed. LOL
Old 03-26-2004, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Chris ARE, what's up buddy? LOL J/K

The TR guys have been using M&Hs since the late 80's. They're a great tire and 60'-ing with them is no problem. Some folks don't know, but M&Hs were the first slicks out there. If you ever see a nostalgia dragster, the ones with the engine in the front and the differential on your ball$, and it's been restored to the condition it was in when raced back in the day, there will be M&Hs on it. I'm glad somone posted that website, because I was wondering if anyone made a 28x10x16 tire. Lo and behold, the originator makes them.

PS, I wouldn't drive on any kind of slick, grooves or not, on the street, unless I was going to drive to the corner store.

I once drove out to Fountain Ave in Brooklyn with my G-60 M&Hs on the back of my TR, and when I made the turn onto Fountain, my right tire went flat. Drove over one of those soda can pull tabs, the old school ones that you'd pull off, and got a flat. Well my TR was a non G80 option car, no posi, so I slapped the left tire on the right side and the spare on the left. I then proceeded to line up with a Mustang. I was on the right and when he looked over and saw the spare, he laughed and shook his head no. Well I egged him into it and off we went. You should have seen the faces and heard the cheering from the crowd when I spun that spare all the way down the street and whooped up that Stang. Man, I miss the good old days. I'm going to stop writing now cause I'm getting all teary eyed. LOL
hehe right back at ya

BTW I have a set of brand new 28x10x16 inch Hoosiers for sale on stock rims. I will seperate if you are interested

Old 03-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Banned

Maybe, maybe. PM me let me know what you're looking to get. I'm sure my price will be extra extra low. LOL
Old 03-26-2004, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

hehe you shoot me an offer

Old 03-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Banned

36.00 lbs...err I mean real American dollars. LOL
Old 03-28-2004, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

see chris,even your boy knows about m&h tires they don't go flat as easy,they re-designed them,but man do they still hook.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Banned

His Boy. LOL I thought he was my boy.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll sell you the slicks for 225 US

Quick Reply: Anyone daily drive with ET streets?