Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob 1/4 mile question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 05:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since no one else is pointing this out, I will.
I noticed you did not post your 60' times for the first 2 passes-what were they?
The only mph pass you listed, unless I missed something, was the 106-letting off to avoid spin.
There is really nothing here to help you with because there has not been a full pass made.

You were more "consistent" with your old set up? I don't think a 2.0 60' is what I would call consistent-unless you mean consistently bad.

So here's the deal-IMO you have not made a clean track pass yet so you will never be able to compare your new mods to your old set up so that's out.
So what next?
Well.......U need to make a clean pass, that means no spinning, no letting off to avoid spin. Clean-pedal down, off idle with ZERO spin.
Then re post your results, THEN you will be able to compare what your car and mods are doing with other members and get usefull feedback.
Nitto's IMO suck but that's me.
If I were u I'd get some 15" rims with some MT radials for the track, get some single adjustable front QA1's and go from there.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

^^ he is no dummy fer sure! lol like he said there really isnt much info.

BUT with what tek said you can't really judge it by what you'de done.

Drop some tire pressure and give it another go.

FWIW I dropped 4 mph when I installed a vig 3600 but I also dropped .4s off the times too.

I went 11.48s with a 317/35/17 nitto on a stock ws6 wheel and absolutely no suspension work back in 2004
Old 05-26-2012, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
since no one else is pointing this out, I will.
I noticed you did not post your 60' times for the first 2 passes-what were they?
The only mph pass you listed, unless I missed something, was the 106-letting off to avoid spin.
There is really nothing here to help you with because there has not been a full pass made.

You were more "consistent" with your old set up? I don't think a 2.0 60' is what I would call consistent-unless you mean consistently bad.

So here's the deal-IMO you have not made a clean track pass yet so you will never be able to compare your new mods to your old set up so that's out.
So what next?
Well.......U need to make a clean pass, that means no spinning, no letting off to avoid spin. Clean-pedal down, off idle with ZERO spin.
Then re post your results, THEN you will be able to compare what your car and mods are doing with other members and get usefull feedback.
Nitto's IMO suck but that's me.
If I were u I'd get some 15" rims with some MT radials for the track, get some single adjustable front QA1's and go from there.
Originally Posted by The Guy in MY 99TA
^^ he is no dummy fer sure! lol like he said there really isnt much info.

BUT with what tek said you can't really judge it by what you'de done.

Drop some tire pressure and give it another go.

FWIW I dropped 4 mph when I installed a vig 3600 but I also dropped .4s off the times too.

I went 11.48s with a 317/35/17 nitto on a stock ws6 wheel and absolutely no suspension work back in 2004

Go to First post to see times...
Old 05-26-2012, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Exclamation Think i might of figured it out!!!

A buddy of mine, Help me out Identify my TA's poor performance.
First of all, My rev limiter... Its set to 6500 RPM, but of course i payed no mind to that.
My shiftpoints on the other hand! I noticed my ride being a lil sluggish, but many said its just the stall feel, and it shifts right at 6000 RPM, which should be a lil higher, considering i have 3800 stall and needs that extension shift.

Im a lil bummed out about it, just want my ride to be tuned right, and me being pretty new to Modding, dont know what to ask for, and trust the pros to help me with my Ignorace.

So my question is, What would you set your rev limiter and shiftpoints too?

Thoughts welcome...