Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)

I have a LS2/T56/Datsun 240z that I've been drag racing on the stock 2006 GTO clutch with ET Drag slicks. After the 3rd or 4th trip to the track (I hot lap getting about 10 runs a night). My clutch got really smelly. I've been feathering the clutch a lot at the line to try to save my IRS axles (probably a mistake). After it got smelly it stopped going into 3rd or 4th under drag racing conditions. At street conditions it drives normally. I've tried to make clutch slip and it doesn't. I screwed around with the clutch hydraulics for a couple of weeks and finally dropped the tranny tonight. Gotta fix this fast, got a friend coming from out of town and I want to take him racing. Have new Mantic ER2 clutch ordered from East Coast Performance, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to repair my current setup just to get a few more runs out of it? I'm not clutch savy - please help me diagnose my problem and help me find a solution.
Attached Thumbnails Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)-1.jpg   Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)-2.jpg   Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)-3.jpg   Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)-4.jpg   Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)-5.jpg  

Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)-6.jpg   Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)-7.jpg   Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)-8.jpg  

Quick Reply: Help diagnose clutch problem (from photos)