Sponsored by:

suspension setup.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension setup.

Hi all,

Looking for some suggestions on how to setup a baseline suspension on an m6 car. Sig is mostly up to date except a vic jr 4150 setup now with 26x11.5 15s on racestars.

Shocks are strange singles up front and doubles in the rear. These are my main concern as I dont know a good starting point and where to adjust them depending on how the car reacts at the track.

Full rear suspension on the car. lca relo, t/a, drag bar, panhard, and lca's all umi. I have the t/a as high as it goes on the front crossmember and set to -2. The lca's are in the second to bottom hole right now but would the lowest hole be better?
Drag bar is currently set neutral.

the way it was before it has went 1.7 60 fts with the only difference being shitty comp 3 ways.

thanks for any help you guys provide.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by spook99maro
Hi all,

Looking for some suggestions on how to setup a baseline suspension on an m6 car. Sig is mostly up to date except a vic jr 4150 setup now with 26x11.5 15s on racestars.

Shocks are strange singles up front and doubles in the rear. These are my main concern as I dont know a good starting point and where to adjust them depending on how the car reacts at the track.

Full rear suspension on the car. lca relo, t/a, drag bar, panhard, and lca's all umi. I have the t/a as high as it goes on the front crossmember and set to -2. The lca's are in the second to bottom hole right now but would the lowest hole be better?
Drag bar is currently set neutral.

the way it was before it has went 1.7 60 fts with the only difference being shitty comp 3 ways.

thanks for any help you guys provide.

I'm in for this info also.
I have the same shocks. Strange single adj in front and dual adj
In the rear. More concerned with the rear set-up.
I have the fronts set on 1. M6 car also.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

Nobody?..
Old 10-08-2012, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Well I went racing this weekend and got to play with some things a bit. I started with 4 extension and 4 compression at first. Was spinning a bit with a 5500 launch with around a 1.78 60. My best pass ended up being 4 extension and 2 compression with my fronts set at 2. I launched by accident off my rev limiter instead of the 2 step lol. So that ended up being a 6600 launch on a bolton car lol. surprisingly I got about a 1/4 revolution of spin and pulled the tires 2 inches off the ground. Sadly the 60 didnt improve as much as i thought it would but it still got me a 1.72 60.

Wish i knew how the bolton guys where nailing down 1.5 ish 60's. If I where to guess it would be my weight. It was an NHRA open at the track and my car weighed in at 3590 race weight. Track prep was really nice though compared to the usual crap we get.

Still not 100% sure where to move shocks when certain things happen but that was my experience with them so far.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

What tire are you running in the rear, a stiff wall slick? I would move the rear LCAs down to the bottom hole. Is your front swaybar unhooked? That will help with weight transfer. I would set the fronts to 90/10 or 80/20.

You want the front to come up out of the hole somewhat fast and then use the shock to control how it comes back down. If it comes down too fast it will would unload the rear tires and the rear tires will spin.

I would do a search on on the trq arm in the highest hole can't remember that would help but I would move it down a notch and re-adjust the pinion angle to -3 if it were mine.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Its a 26x11.5x15 et street bias. Front swaybar is long gone with the drag bar. I wish I acually knew what each setting was but strange didnt send anything with them.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Launching!

those tire are just not that great. Stick cars kill them, I have used 26's and 28 et streets. your best bet is to get a full slick and work the shocks around them. With a 26 inch full slick on stock shocks/sway bar with pacesetters as my only engine bolton. I could go in the high1.5x's with a 4.3 gear

Quick Reply: suspension setup.