Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV, Catch Can, or Both? What are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default PCV, Catch Can, or Both? What are you running?

Alright here is where I am at....

When I first got the motor in the car and running this year (Aluminum 5.3 with a Vic Jr carbed) I was not running any type of PCV, I just had the valve covers vented to the atmosphere...

I was getting a ton of condensation in the motor (legit water drops under the oil fill cap it was so bad). So I installed an inline PCV valve and with the crankcase under vacuum it seemed to solve the problem.

Over the winter, I would like to eliminate the PCV setup and run a breather tank/ catch can...but I am not sure if I will end up back at square one. So my question is....how are you guys handling PCV/ Evac, tanks and etc?

Basically...I was just going to run a line from each valve cover into a breather tank...but should I run a vacuum source to it and install a valve or let it be?

Pictures and brief description of routing would be HUGE.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

For instance....would a setup like this be sufficient? I dont understand why this guy has two fittings from the valley running to the breather though?

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/aust...her-setup.html

I am thinking at this point I may just eliminate the PCV all together and run a single -10 or -12 from the valley cover to the breather/ catch can?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bfurches
For instance....would a setup like this be sufficient? I dont understand why this guy has two fittings from the valley running to the breather though?

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/aust...her-setup.html

I am thinking at this point I may just eliminate the PCV all together and run a single -10 or -12 from the valley cover to the breather/ catch can?
I also found this on here:

Looks like this guy is running twin -10s from each valve cover into the tank with no vacuum pulling....
Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

In for a response. I want to do the -10 an into a vented catch can also. May have to change the oil more often if moisture still gets in there.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
In for a response. I want to do the -10 an into a vented catch can also. May have to change the oil more often if moisture still gets in there.
yea...that was the biggest thing with the way I had it vented to atmosphere before (esentially the same thing as having a -10 to a breatehr tank....the condensation was ridiculous.

Quick Reply: PCV, Catch Can, or Both? What are you running?