Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What brackets for kirkey install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by studderin
mine never bent but I could tell they were flexing up if you pushed back hard! without the back support.

Originally Posted by studderin
whiteLtone- you have the back mounted???
??????
Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you guys figure out placement of seat and install the seats to brackets or install bracket first and then install seat with bracket installed in car?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bolted the side brackets to black ones, and then the black ones to the floor. Sat it in where I wanted the seat positioned and marked the holes. Then drilled the holes about an inch below where the holes where to keep the seat off the floor pan. Fairly simple process.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya, bolt the alum side plates to the lower black metal brakets rails. Make sure there on the right side (outside) so the width is same as the seat. then bolt them to the floor studs. then the seat slide down beween the alum side plates. that kina hold the seat side to side, but still be careful getting in. Put some random 2x4 blocks under the front and rear to get the seat up a little. Them sit in the seat, Huge help to have somone else hold the seat better. Try more or less wood to get it in the right spot, and tilt, with room to move the holes more in all ways. The we always mark the outisde holes with a pencile or sharpie. take the seat out, drill them. But 2 bolts in, (wood under seat still) then sit back in as see if its close. If it is, sqare the seat up so it looks stairt and sqare in the car. Mark the inside holes (or one if you can get down there to mark the rear one sometimes). drill that bolt it in, the drill the last one, bolt that. Then you can put weight it ni seat, and test drive the car if you can. Then you can move a hole up, down or back and see how that is.
Passenger seat just put so it looks like the driver, I find it helps if you take a hammer and dend the passanger seat in the rear inside corner to get it back all the way like the driver. or can can cut it out a little and weld a flat (you dont feel it in the seat). if your a big guy and the driver seat is way back, your'll find the passenger seat isn't gona move back the same, to look good unless you do that.

This is what make it worth it to buy the racecraft rails. You can get them just how you want with just a drill in a driveway in 1hr. My friend got the universal plates and was gona make lower rails. I let him borrow my driver seat on racecraft rails, as a starting point. Went to help him and moved mine around a little to how he liked them, He them spend all night making them, got one side done. Next day I stop over, hes like "**** that" I still have to make the passenger and my driver one I dont like how it came out. Im just gonna buy them for the extra $100, I got 34 other thing to get done on the car. haha

Last edited by studderin; 01-23-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree theres tons of adjustability with racecraft brackets.

Studderin - mine wasnt back braced at first. But tech didnt like it.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteLTone

Mine won't be braced at the back for a while.. DopeFed said he was a pretty big guy and had no problems, I weigh 160 so I should be ok for a little while. Car is 99% street car and I really don't know yet if I plan to cage it or not. Have looked at the 6le harness bar but don't know what quality the product is and whether its worth the dime to put it in or not..
Old 01-24-2013, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLTone

My 99 didnt have a cage and the seats just felt really flimsy with out a cage/backbrace. Enough that I took the Kirkey out.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got around to trying to bolt brackets down and te sides of the black rails are hitting carpet and not slowing to seat down on the slider studs?? Anyone else had this problem?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably have to trim the carpet out. Mine wouldn't go Down till the carpet was out.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I went ahead and did that before I came back.. Thanks though! Now I got one more question, my seat on drivers side is 15", when I put my seat onto the brackets and tried to install it all together, won't fit??

I installed the spacers in between the bracket and seat and it lacks around 5/8" of sliding down over the stud.. Think racecraft scent me wrong brackets or have I.missed something here?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
Well, I went ahead and did that before I came back.. Thanks though! Now I got one more question, my seat on drivers side is 15", when I put my seat onto the brackets and tried to install it all together, won't fit??

I installed the spacers in between the bracket and seat and it lacks around 5/8" of sliding down over the stud.. Think racecraft scent me wrong brackets or have I.missed something here?
Never mind.. Sometimes you just got to tug on things a little..

Quick Reply: What brackets for kirkey install?