Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nhra Super Street class

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nhra Super Street class

Anybody run nhra Super Street class with a 4gen fbody i know the index for my local track is 11.05 i know most Run delay box and throttle stop just curious if anybody's tried it witha ls1
Old 03-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Teching In

i would imagine trying to run Super street without a delay box and T-Stop is pretty much like pissing into the wind. Might work at the local level for a few rounds but at a divisional or national event, you would probably have your work cut out for you. Unless your twenty or better on the tree and dead on or damn close ur probably just standing in somebody's way. Not trying to be negative nancy or anything, just being realistic. I race stock and my best friend runs super gas. Needless to say I have watched a few rounds of Super Street. Good luck if you plan to dive into that one. Ill be rooting for you. No matter what happens, u will have a good time.

P.S. I have yet to see a LS run SStreet or hardly any small blocks for that matter
Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Are you limited in super street like in stock/super stock or do you just run whatever you want and shoot for the index? If its an open class I think a ls car would be a great candidate. Just look at what some of the bolt on only guys are doing. Slap a delay box and throttle stop on there and you could run national events relatively cheep, with a reliable car that you don't have to screw with every week.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Formula Stocker
i would imagine trying to run Super street without a delay box and T-Stop is pretty much like pissing into the wind. Might work at the local level for a few rounds but at a divisional or national event, you would probably have your work cut out for you. Unless your twenty or better on the tree and dead on or damn close ur probably just standing in somebody's way. Not trying to be negative nancy or anything, just being realistic. I race stock and my best friend runs super gas. Needless to say I have watched a few rounds of Super Street. Good luck if you plan to dive into that one. Ill be rooting for you. No matter what happens, u will have a good time.

P.S. I have yet to see a LS run SStreet or hardly any small blocks for that matter
What class of stock do you run and what division i have a buddy that runs a v stock automatic and a buddy run a Super Comp and is building a new super gas car both Division 5
I think i may give it a shoot with a m6 street car im just out to have fun hang out a do what what i love doing is drag racing if I could go a couple rounds i would be happy
Old 03-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Super street is def run whatever u want type class with the minimum of restrictions. But u will have to pass tech and have the necessary safety stuff for that e.t. You also have to make minimum weight but if your in a street car that shouldnt be an issue. I agree a LS type approach would be economical, I just didn't know how competitive it would be. Most big block cars and gonna be coming around u at about 140-150 so if ur running 10.90 at 122 then u better be the man at driving the stripe lookin over your shoulder. It can be done but it's toUgh. Like is said before any day at the drag strip is a blast so I encourage you to give em hell.

I run a 96 formula in C/SA in division 4.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Super street is def run whatever u want type class with the minimum of restrictions. But u will have to pass tech and have the necessary safety stuff for that e.t. You also have to make minimum weight but if your in a street car that shouldnt be an issue. I agree a LS type approach would be economical, I just didn't know how competitive it would be. Most big block cars and gonna be coming around u at about 140-150 so if ur running 10.90 at 122 then u better be the man at driving the stripe lookin over your shoulder. It can be done but it's toUgh. Like is said before any day at the drag strip is a blast so I encourage you to give em hell.

I run a 96 formula in C/SA in division 4.
I was hoping you ran i division 5 i like meet guys that race 4gens
i know ill be lacking ci and hp
the car is a big cam only with full boltons s60 4.30 gear full umi suspension strange coilovers and shocks should be 3300 race weigh i may have to add heads to make a like more hp
Old 03-04-2013, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be tough but you would have to have a transbrake, make sure you have enough to run faster than 11.05 at any time, and practice judging cars comming on you at 140mph.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

In the end its like any other bracket race. All you can do is setup the car to run the number, run YOUR race and let the chips fall where they may.

I've been dreaming of building a stocker for years but super street seems like a decent alternative. Especially since I'm not planning on competing at a national level often.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TA1364
It would be tough but you would have to have a transbrake, make sure you have enough to run faster than 11.05 at any time, and practice judging cars comming on you at 140mph.
I have a 2step and leave the line at 5800
Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Launching!

There a few track that i could run at im going to look at tge rule book some more and try to run it its all in fun
Old 03-05-2013, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

If your car is consistent and tunable I could see being competitive. Have you ever ran a pro tree? Make sure you can run consistently good lights on a .500 tree. How will you adjust for weather conditions to make sure you can run the number? Not going to be able to just run the stripe with the mph some SS cars run
Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zracer323
If your car is consistent and tunable I could see being competitive. Have you ever ran a pro tree? Make sure you can run consistently good lights on a .500 tree. How will you adjust for weather conditions to make sure you can run the number? Not going to be able to just run the stripe with the mph some SS cars run
I have run pro tree a few times i have hp tuner so i can tune it at the track it will be slower mph then most ss cars
Old 03-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black and pink z28
I have run pro tree a few times i have hp tuner so i can tune it at the track it will be slower mph then most ss cars
I think he probably meant do you have a weather station in order to determine weather changes. Whenever you make a qualifying pass on saturday night and then make 1st rd on Sunday morning and the DA changes 1000 ft, it can be a little tricky to dial. Most people have a ratio that they use to determine on how to speed up/down their car. If the weather station says its picks up 6 hundred and u know your car will only pick up 3, then u adjust your timer accordingly. Most of the cars will have a timer to determine how long a car will launch before it goes on the stop. Then, they have a timer for how long the car is actually on the stop. This second timer is usually adjusted to compensate for changes in the weather.

I guess you could always tune it my adding a little timing or adding/taking away fuel in order try and run the number.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless your twenty or better on the tree and dead on or damn close ur probably just standing in somebody's way.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Launching!

I think he probably meant do you have a weather station in order to determine weather changes. Whenever you make a qualifying pass on saturday night and then make 1st rd on Sunday morning and the DA changes 1000 ft, it can be a little tricky to dial. Most people have a ratio that they use to determine on how to speed up/down their car. If the weather station says its picks up 6 hundred and u know your car will only pick up 3, then u adjust your timer accordingly. Most of the cars will have a timer to determine how long a car will launch before it goes on the stop. Then, they have a timer for how long the car is actually on the stop. This second timer is usually adjusted to compensate for changes in the weather.

I guess you could always tune it my adding a little timing or adding/taking away fuel in order try and run the number.
Ok i understand what he was asking now still trying to figure out what I would do for electronics with it being a m6 car
Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Just to add to this conversation. Couldn't you run a throttle stop with a vic jr and 4150 to help make the car more competitive as well?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spook99maro
Just to add to this conversation. Couldn't you run a throttle stop with a vic jr and 4150 to help make the car more competitive as well?
Probably let me have your intake lol

Quick Reply: nhra Super Street class