Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QA1 setting, first time ever to a track friday, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 03:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default QA1 setting, first time ever to a track friday, need advice

so this is the third car ive built for racing but have still never been to the track in the 6 years ive been modding. i finally decided it was time, im heading to a 1/8th mile track on friday and just looking for some tips advice on how to properly run the car.

car is a 98 t/a with mods in sig. extreme weight reduction, Bogarts with skinnies and 275 ET's in rear. suspension consist of stock shocks and adj PHB, adj. LCA's, LCA relocation brackets. (i have QA1 shocks, tunnel mounted adj ta, and nitrous but i don't have time to install it before friday, ive been super busy the past few months so it's all been sitting)

how should i go about launching the car? floor it off of idle? stall it up a little, then floor it? how long of a burnout? what gear for burnout?

Last edited by ldyzluvdis06; 06-27-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

ive been told a quick burst in first then into second as quick as you can get it there for the burnout. im not sure what kind of heat ET"s like since ive always used nitto itll prob be more pressure related on those. i would make my first pass and make sure i had all the pressures and everything recorded, even down to how full the tank was logged, so i could make changes and see where i started.

i would flash the converter aka just punch it from idle rather than brake stalling it from the get go. see what she runs, start making adjustments. hopefully the track will be prepped worth a damn so you can actually tell. if its a midnight madness type of deal and you have street cars dragging water and tearing up the surface then you might as well pack it up.

thats why they call it test and tune. good luck and be safe.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

quick question, i just finished installed adj PHB, adj LCAs, LCA relocation brackets, Chris1313 intake, and rear QA1's. My question is, what should i set the rear shocks to on the street and on the track? as in how many clicks from all the way loose?

edit* just searched and found the answer via searching.

Last edited by ldyzluvdis06; 06-27-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Quick Reply: QA1 setting, first time ever to a track friday, need advice