Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bogart, Centerline, or Weld?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 03:23 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Id like to thank everyone who provided technical information in this thread Im researching a set of track use only drag wheels and tires and there was alot of great technical information regarding wheel fit and alike. I especialy apreciated all of the time Steve spent providing answers to alot of questions ive had and never had answers to. Im still on the fence about spending the kind of money it takes to have a quality drag rim that will only be used at the track. But it apears the only way im going to get a proper fitting rim that will handle the 10.5 E/T drags is to spend the big bucks.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running draglites..... but if I could have my chioce right now...... it would probably be weld alumastars. I have seen the bogarts and the alumastars on f bodies and I like the alumastars a little better for some reason.

Josh S.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:07 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Cheaply made? Hmm, have you seen or used a set? After being @ World Ford Challenge this weekend, I can say that 50,000 Mustangs can't be wrong. Seems like ALL the fast cars were riding on some sort of Bogart wheel.

The best thing about Bogart is that they're one of two companies I can think of off the top of my head (CCW being the other) that will make a custom drag wheel for you. If I wanted a 15x12 w/ a 3.5" b/s, they'd make it. I tried to get Centerline to make a 15x10 Convo Pro w/ a 7.5" b/s and they wouldn't even listen to me. I even offered to pay the ransom money to get it done one-off.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Mongse, did you see my buddy Shane win Wild Street in his turbo Mustang?? He ran an 8.2 on drag radials without even being able to dyno a new engine and turbo before he got there.

He had the black 95 GT that lost his hood at 17X MPH. Somebody said it went about 80ft in the air. This is the guy that helped me with my tranny and rearend install at his shop, Induction Motorsports.....by the way, he is running Welds, but saw pics of my new Bogarts (he loved them).

Quick Reply: Bogart, Centerline, or Weld?