?? Street car at the track or track car on the street

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by studderin
on a trailer to the race track = race car
driving it on the street to the race track = street car

full exhaust out the back is the way to go, you can have lightweight carpet and stripped dash, all sound pads. And it quieter insode the car then a factory stock body car with cam and dumped exhaust under the car. Keep it simple, no switches to turn on and off, no belts to change, fuel, spark plugs, the tune....just turn the key and drive anywhere, or race. Just adjust the shocks, tire pressure is really nice as the only prep.

over 3K race weight, in DOT street trim is heavy 27XX drives, starts and stops alot better, then 3700 with "race" parts
All what Jon has said is true. and it's why I built my second car the way I did. A/C is for man who are scared to sweat a little or take there guys that have to take there girlfriends or wife's around everywhere they go and they hate car's as it is so to take the edge off you keep the a/c so they don't **** up there hair with the window's down or the make up sweating. my girl don't care about the heat just as long as I blow the doors off your a/c once a month joy ride. So now that ti got that out I get it some like A/C others do not. But all bullshit a side you drive f body's there load they speak rattle and make more they are not a Audi or Lexus ,BMW, and so on. so lets make HP and go fast.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure if my theory counts here, but i like having mine a street/strip car, equaly suited to both. nittor drs, does great on the street good on track. full exhaust is good for cruise, loud enough and free enough for power at the track. anyone who sees it may say nice car sounds tough, but doesnt know how fast it may be. girlfriend cud hop in starts with a key and she cud drive it to the beach. then i can drive it to the track, open the bottle, heat the tires, and run it. best of both worlds. i cant afford a track only race car.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
I don't 100% agree with this. If I had the money to have a trailer and towing vehicle, I'd tow a car to the track. Street car trailered to the track = cheap insurance in case something breaks.

You should state it:
Car NEEDS to be trailered to the track = race car
Car can be driven to the track LEGALLY = street car
This

Originally Posted by studderin
on a trailer to the race track = race car
driving it on the street to the race track = street car

full exhaust out the back is the way to go, you can have lightweight carpet and stripped dash, all sound pads. And it quieter insode the car then a factory stock body car with cam and dumped exhaust under the car. Keep it simple, no switches to turn on and off, no belts to change, fuel, spark plugs, the tune....just turn the key and drive anywhere, or race. Just adjust the shocks, tire pressure is really nice as the only prep.

over 3K race weight, in DOT street trim is heavy 27XX drives, starts and stops alot better, then 3700 with "race" parts

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
All what Jon has said is true. and it's why I built my second car the way I did. A/C is for man who are scared to sweat a little or take there guys that have to take there girlfriends or wife's around everywhere they go and they hate car's as it is so to take the edge off you keep the a/c so they don't **** up there hair with the window's down or the make up sweating. my girl don't care about the heat just as long as I blow the doors off your a/c once a month joy ride. So now that ti got that out I get it some like A/C others do not. But all bullshit a side you drive f body's there load they speak rattle and make more they are not a Audi or Lexus ,BMW, and so on. so lets make HP and go fast.
You 2 make camaro owners look dumb. From the looks of our sigs we run similar et......you 2 being a bit quicker.....me having more mph. I'm still on a 10bolt is my excuse for my et.....or I would have both of you covered there as well.......then set my cruise, and turn my ac on after the run. But what are you guys excuses for not having the mph I do? I still have ALL the **** you guys are making fun of. If your car is a rattle trap.....then well your just not a very good mechanic. Mine is quiet and nice to drive.

Funny part is my car is probably about the same weight as you guys.......except I still have a car.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
This

You 2 make camaro owners look dumb. From the looks of our sigs we run similar et......you 2 being a bit quicker.....me having more mph. I'm still on a 10bolt is my excuse for my et.....or I would have both of you covered there as well.......then set my cruise, and turn my ac on after the run. But what are you guys excuses for not having the mph I do? I still have ALL the **** you guys are making fun of. If your car is a rattle trap.....then well your just not a very good mechanic. Mine is quiet and nice to drive.

Funny part is my car is probably about the same weight as you guys.......except I still have a car.
FYI my sig is my old car and cam setup that went 10.8 with
a/c parts still in the car 3500
lbs. and being a good mechanic has nothing to do with solid strong parts that transfer noise.mine is nice to drive as well to and from the track.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

If you guys would just get rid of those ******* f bodies (I've had 4, they suck). It wouldn't be a problem. My car is under 2800# WITH driver and fuel, and I haven't cut a thing off it yet
Old 08-15-2013, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

If I wanted a 2 seater car I would've bought a vette......how can anybody have a 84 rx7 and say anything sucks?
Old 08-15-2013, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

cool story bro!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Grr
If you guys would just get rid of those ******* f bodies (I've had 4, they suck). It wouldn't be a problem. My car is under 2800# WITH driver and fuel, and I haven't cut a thing off it yet
This get's it hahaha.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:50 PM
11 Second Club

I would take a nice rx7 from the 80's. love that car.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
I would take a nice rx7 from the 80's. love that car.
I'd take a nice 69' Camaro from the 60's. Love that car!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Studderins car is far from a stripped race car. It's clean and done right. He drove it several hundred miles to the LSX Shootout in Memphis. No trailer or anything, and he'll take it to our local track without a trailer. It definitely isn't a rattletrap.

Their ET is better, and they get from point a to point b faster, and that's what matters in drag racing at the end of the day... Not your trap while the guy in the next lane finished first. And there is a difference between a 10.6 and 11.0

... Not to mention he's one of the most consistent people I've ever seen race a 6 speed car.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

I've seen studderin's car on here......it's pretty gutted. The difference between his 10.6 and my 11.0 is the 60'. I'll take mph over et.......I'm not a drag racer. Would I like to get my et down?? Sure. .....as I'm sure he would like to get his mph up.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

I've seen studderin's car on here......it's pretty gutted. The difference between his 10.6 and my 11.0 is the 60'. I'll take mph over et.......I'm not a drag racer. Would I like to get my et down?? Sure. .....as I'm sure he would like to get his mph up.
If you cut 60' times (like studderin and some of us)your mph would go down!

And if we couldn't get our cars to 60' (like you) our mph would go up

Old 08-16-2013, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Stroke Racer
If you cut 60' times (like studderin and some of us)your mph would go down!

And if we couldn't get our cars to 60' (like you) our mph would go up

Shhh, he's an expert.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
Shhh, he's an expert.
You are clearly a TOOL!!!! I have time slips to back up what he said anytime I cut a 1.5x to 1.6x I trapped 1mph higher. Once even 2mph.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Guys my STREET car already runs 10.2's on a 1.34 60' with the wheels 3' in the air full weight with AC. Just trying to get WELL into the 9's with possible new motor.

Last edited by 2camaros6702; 08-21-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 2camaros6702
Guys my STREET car already runs 10.2's on a 1.34 60' with the wheels 3' in the air full weight with AC. Just trying to get WELL into the 9's with possible new motor.
That is exactly where I am at. I am hoping a 73n jet will deliver the 9 second pass this winter.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

^^^^ That's awesome.

This would be my ultimate buildup for my car......
4L80e
Forced induction- turbo or procharger, somewhere between 600-900rwhp
A/C
Full leather interior
Cage- 6pt or 8pt

This would give me something I could drive cross country if I had to. I could head to the strip and run a decent number for fun. I could also take it to a car show and get compliments. Best of all worlds?!?

Quick Reply: ?? Street car at the track or track car on the street