Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on milling a wheel to fit car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need advice on milling a wheel to fit car.

I bought a set of15x10 champion speed series cap 5 wheels from a buddy for a pretty good deal. It was an impulse buy for sure. But they fit my car and are mint condition. The back space is 3.75" mine are 4.5". We test fitted them with a hoosier 26x8.5 outlaw slick and it fit great with a small tire. But once I put a 28x12.5 et street it is very close to the edge of the quarter panel but fits by a pinky tip.
These champion wheels are very think in the center area of the wheel compared to my MT ET wheels. I want to know if it would be safe to machine 1/4" off the back side of this wheel to give me better clearance. Then it would have 4" back space.

Give me some opinions. If this does not work out I will have to sell the wheels and I hate to do that. They are bad ***.lol.

I want to mill off 1/4".

Look at how thin these ET wheels are on my car right now. They are less than half the thickness of the champion wheels and they cut 1.25 60's on my car with no stress issues. Why who the champions not be the same or stronger right there?

Old 08-30-2013, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

I pretty sure champion is going to advise not to go milling on there wheels. I tried calling them three times today with no luck. I at least would like to talk to a tech person.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Just for laughs check out this 275/60 mt pro radial next to the 26x8.5x15 slick. Both on a 10" wheel.

Quick Reply: Need advice on milling a wheel to fit car.