Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are kirkey pro street seats comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014 | 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
i have a 15" seat.... im 5'7'' and 150lbs

my seat/seat cover/racecraft rails weighed 17lbs, i didnt swiss cheese the seat either

my previous cloth camaro seat that i modified weighed 34lbs and my stock leather TA seat weighed about 56lbs

-brandon
Was that the manual ta seat or the power seat
Old 03-10-2014 | 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not use the kirkey seat without bracing the back, it is not safe if you get in an accident. Check this video out, its not a kirkey seat but the same thing would happen.

Old 03-11-2014 | 07:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Empatho
I would not use the kirkey seat without bracing the back, it is not safe if you get in an accident. Check this video out, its not a kirkey seat but the same thing would happen.

Bride Rear Impact Crash Test Simulation - YouTube
I can tell by the ridiculous video you posted you have never looked closely at an aluminum 1 piece, solid back seat. Because if you had then you would know with a Kirkey you're more likely to rip the bolts out of the floor or mounts before breaking the seat back. I have tried to bend the headrest on my Kirkeys' and because of the piping that runs around the seat it doesn't bent easy. The brace is recommended for the area of the seat from the shoulders to the top of the head rest because it can flex a little bit.
Old 03-11-2014 | 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
Was that the manual ta seat or the power seat
power seat
Old 03-12-2014 | 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobsZ28
I can tell by the ridiculous video you posted you have never looked closely at an aluminum 1 piece, solid back seat. Because if you had then you would know with a Kirkey you're more likely to rip the bolts out of the floor or mounts before breaking the seat back. I have tried to bend the headrest on my Kirkeys' and because of the piping that runs around the seat it doesn't bent easy. The brace is recommended for the area of the seat from the shoulders to the top of the head rest because it can flex a little bit.
That seat is made up of thin aluminium and it won't take much to bend it. At the local autocross event they will not let you run if kirkey seats don't have the back brace. Don't get me wrong those seats are nice and I was planing on getting one, but I didn't because it needs a back brace. Instead of getting a kirkey seat, I got a cobra imola seat because it is fia approved and I won't need a brace. I just posted some info about the dangers of using unsafe seats, you can do watever you want with that info, its your life. All I'm saying is that if you use that seat get a brace for it, that's if you care about your safety. Then again, if you don't care, then continue doing what you do.
Old 03-14-2014 | 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00

power seat
God cant wait till i get rid of those rocks

Quick Reply: Are kirkey pro street seats comfortable?