Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Madman...(or anyone, inner fender trimming advice)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Paging Madman...(or anyone, inner fender trimming advice)

I was doing a search and I ran across the pics of your rear suspension. Had a question for ya. I forgot if you car is minitubbed or not. I'm looking at the area of the inner fenderwell that needs to be trimmed to fit a larger tire. Is there any structural integrity in that area that cutting too much off would harm it? I already cut off the bumpstop area but haven't trimmed that whole area. In the pics your's looks pretty smooth like it had been all trimmed away. Thanks for any help .

Chris

Last edited by 01-Z; 05-13-2004 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

specifically meant this pic...

Old 05-13-2004, 12:58 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can cut that out. Some people run around without replacing it. Other people trim that all out and then weld in a flat piece of steel to tie it all back in together. If you do a lot of street driving it wouldn't be a bad idea to stitch in a piece there.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cut out my bumpstop and the support thingy for it so it was all flush with the fenderwell, hasn't been a concern so far
Old 05-14-2004, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mini tubs

Originally Posted by z28kid98
I was doing a search and I ran across the pics of your rear suspension. Had a question for ya. I forgot if you car is minitubbed or not. I'm looking at the area of the inner fenderwell that needs to be trimmed to fit a larger tire. Is there any structural integrity in that area that cutting too much off would harm it? I already cut off the bumpstop area but haven't trimmed that whole area. In the pics your's looks pretty smooth like it had been all trimmed away. Thanks for any help .

Chris
heres a pic of our cars ,i have a 28.5x14.5 hoosier under car on a 10" rim ,cut right up to frame,all my brakets are in stock location,even the upper pan hard brkt , bob
Attached Thumbnails Paging Madman...(or anyone, inner fender trimming advice)-98formula-046.jpg   Paging Madman...(or anyone, inner fender trimming advice)-98formula-032.jpg   Paging Madman...(or anyone, inner fender trimming advice)-98formula-037.jpg   Paging Madman...(or anyone, inner fender trimming advice)-98formula-040.jpg  

Quick Reply: Paging Madman...(or anyone, inner fender trimming advice)