Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12s with these mods?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014 | 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Run the drag radials at 18psi , do a long smokey burn out, stall it up to about 1300 rpms and let it rip !
Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
Good job op! Do as stated above and you'll see even better times!

Unfortunately I ran them at 35psi since I didn't have a way to pump them back up. I gotta figure that out. They still hooked a whole lot better than street tires!

Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-23-2014 | 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Transambrandon
Unfortunately I ran them at 35psi since I didn't have a way to pump them back up. I gotta figure that out. They still hooked a whole lot better than street tires!

Thanks for the advice.
Yikes! I'd run them closer to 25psi for street driving. You run the risk of wearing out the center of the tire
Old 12-23-2014 | 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the advice.
1.9 60' at 35 psi .........not bad lol, I usually run 28 psi for every day driving for even tire wear, I think 35 psi for every day driving they will cup and the inside will wear faster
Old 12-23-2014 | 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Ok that's what psi the tire shop put them at, I've drove maybe 100 miles on them but I will adjust them tomorrow, thanks for the tips guys.
Old 12-23-2014 | 09:43 PM
12 Second Club

work on dropping the 60 foot and you will be mid 12's. as mentioned above dump the pressures just below 20 psi in the dr's

I would also pull the front sway bar to help transfer weight onto the rears and try different rpm's for launch including mashing it and flashing the stall from idle if its hooking well
Old 12-24-2014 | 07:27 AM
On The Tree

I adjusted the psi to 28 for DD. Next time I hit the track, I will try lowering the pressure as mentioned.

How big of a difference is it if I remove the sway bar ?

Also I've never bothered to take it off, I'm assuming it's simple?
Old 12-24-2014 | 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

I adjusted the psi to 28 for DD. Next time I hit the track, I will try lowering the pressure as mentioned.

How big of a difference is it if I remove the sway bar ?

Also I've never bothered to take it off, I'm assuming it's simple?
there will only be a difference if it spins with the bar hooked up , removing or disconnecting it will allow the front to lift up placing more weight on the rear tires to help them hook , can be especially handy if track prep isn't great or street tire cars have used the waterbox and dragged water onto the track at all. Also great if your trying to hit the tires hardest by flashing the stall from idle.

if your not in the rust belt the bolts should come right out , I am assuming your not if tracks are open this time of year
Old 12-24-2014 | 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Another thing too if you run them at 18 psi or whatever pressure works best for you after a smokey burn out and making a pass check your pressure again, when I get to the track I drop them to 18, do my burn out and make my first pass, after that pass due to the burn out the tire pressure will rise a bit and I usually have to drop it down another pound or two to get it back to 18psi, I will check my tire pressure after every pass on my first couple of runs of the day. Believe it or not +/- a pound or two can make a world of difference. My 60' works best for me at 18psi, I have tried 15, 16, 20 psi and in between all those is what works for me. Just mess with pressure and like murphinator said disconnect sway bar if need be
Old 01-02-2015 | 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Is there any other bolt ons to help lower my 1/4 time? Suspension mods? Just trying to get the most out of what I got but not break the bank.

Quick Reply: 12s with these mods?