Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Pics of My BatteryBox/External Switch Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 11:01 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Some Pics of My BatteryBox/External Switch Install

My lazy *** grabbed the camera today before heading over to the garage so I thought I'd toss up some pics of the goods for those interested.

Box is the Jegs brand sealed and vented aluminum battery box, I ordered the satin one and polished it myself to save the 30 dollar difference Switch is the moroso one I got from my usual place www.ls1speed.com

It has worked out very well for me to have the battery on the drivers side. My car comes out perfect, seems to negate the need for an airbag or anything on the passenger side, the weight of the optima redtop offsets things nicely.

Took some time and doing to get it there, had to get it JUST right to get the bolts through the body next to the frame rail and I got it in there so that the T tops still just barely fit in the holders and I can get the tail light out still when needed. I had to trim the top a bit in the back to clear the one tail light connection, but the seal is still intact so its legal.

I put the switch through the plate, with a smoked cover over it so it can't be messed with, I can just take the cover off at the track so its accesible.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is your rear bumper removed or did you just got a hole in the metal to clear the switch?
Old 05-31-2004, 11:51 PM
Motorboater

oh yeah, should have mentioned that..my rear bumper support is removed. I would think you could easily use this switch, just would need the T bar handle option and put the switch inside the car and make a hole for the T handle to run through to the outside..
Old 06-01-2004, 06:22 AM
TECH Addict

Nice
Old 06-01-2004, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That came out good......its not obvious to where it is, I like that part
Old 06-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Motorboater

Yeah I'm happy with how clean the install ended up being, everything came out exactly how I pictured it.

Other than weight transfer reasons, I didn't want it in the spare tire well because I might be needing that for something else this year