Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The thread "faster67" deleted.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The thread "faster67" deleted.......

faster67
TECH Enthusiast
Member # 1557
posted January 26, 2002 01:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We got a laaaate start. 6:00 rolled around and were just leaving Corpus city limits. We had to exceed the speed limit just a little to make it there by 8:00. We threw some 103 unleaded in the tank, swapped tires and hit the staging lanes. The first pass off the interstate was with the 100 shot. The result was a 10.67 @ 128 w/ a 1.59 sixty foot. My cheapo trans rebuild is working like a champ so far! *knock on the nitrous bottle* The track was pretty slick from all the imports dragging water all over it. I made a couple of unimpressive mid/high 11 second passes on the motor and then sprayed a 10.64 @ 128 with a 1.61 60'. This is the first time the car has been to the track in more than a year. The 3.73's and 26x11.5 Hoosier Quick Time Pros gave me a little too much gear and I was tapping the 6600 rev limiter across the line. Time to put the 28's on it. Next time out I'll have the car tuned up a little different, but at least now I have a baseline. For the minimal amount of money invested, I'm very pleased to say the least. Look for a bunch more to get knocked off of that thing in the very near future.
I'd also like to congradulate Mike (the owner of the SS) for his very first ten second pass. Even though I hogged the car for four out of five passes, he didn't bitch at me. His previous personal best had been a 12.0 and to say he was excited when he jumped out of the car with a 10.90 timeslip is a gross understatement. Excellent driving, Mike!
-Bernie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 29 | From: Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: Dec 2001 | IP: Logged

Loco
TECH Fanatic
Member # 152
posted January 26, 2002 04:45 PM
Congrats! Nice times.
What has been done to the car?

I was there and a couple of your Corpus friends thought I was you cause I also have a black SS on Welds.
I wish I wouldve stayed longer but I left early.

2001 Black Camaro SS A4
Yank TP 4500, FLP Headers, ASP pulleys
12.08 @ 111.0 (1.65 60ft ET Streets)

Posts: 116 | From: San Antonio, Tejas | Registered: Nov 2001 | IP: Logged

faster67
TECH Enthusiast
Member # 1557
posted January 26, 2002 05:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Loco:
Congrats! Nice times.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

quote:
What has been done to the car?

Well the shortblock is a bastard I made out of an '00 block, '98 crank, 6 '00 pistons/rods, 2 '98 pistons/rods, GM main bearings, M77 rod bearings...you get the picture. The rest of the stuff is.

ARE Stage II heads w/2.08 intake valves
Lunati 226/234 @ .050 on a 112 LS w/.554/.575 lift cam
LS6 intake
ARE ported TB
Mac headers w/offroad Y-pipe
Mufflex 4" catback with a bullet in the intermediate
Clear MTI lid
SLP MAF
MAFT
TR6's
stock injectors
stock pulley w/stock belt
Fram filter

The trans was stock until last Sunday when I threw some Alto's in the 3/4 pack and a Kevlar second gear band. The rest of the stuff was RayBestos. Stall converter is a Precision with the STR turned way down (it was setup to street race). The rearend is stock with 3.73s. For suspension it has LCA brackets, LG control arms, V6 springs all the way around and dual air bags.

quote:
I was there and a couple of your Corpus friends thought I was you cause I also have a black SS on Welds.
I wish I wouldve stayed longer but I left early.

I think I saw it parked next to the staging lanes. Nice looking car. You might remember the car from right around a year ago when we went out there an ran 11's all night long when it was still almost totally stock with a 100 shot. I usually don't post much because of the negative feedback but I decided to share this time. I was just totally happy because I made it to the track, made five passes (three nitrous runs) and made it home all with the weak 4L60E hangin' in there. We will probably be back soon. Next time come over and say hello!

-Bernie

Posts: 29 | From: Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: Dec 2001 | IP: Logged

Loco
TECH Fanatic
Member # 152
posted January 27, 2002 12:27 AM
Sweet, its good to see another A4 kickin ***.
I hope to get some more mods in my car but I want to hit 11s with just bolt ons first.

2001 Black Camaro SS A4
Yank TP 4500, FLP Headers, ASP pulleys
12.08 @ 111.0 (1.65 60ft ET Streets)

Posts: 116 | From: San Antonio, Tejas | Registered: Nov 2001 | IP: Logged

Matthew Blansett
TECH Enthusiast
Member # 2683
posted January 28, 2002 01:49 AM
Hey Bernie! I find it amusing that you have time to take cars to the races, and post on internet bulletin boards, yet you don't seem to have time to work on paying customers cars, or return to me the hood that I paid for about a year ago. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. I've been trying to help Justin get his car back from you for the past year or so. You remember, the white '94 Formula that has been sitting at your parent's house for about a year and a half? Oh, in case you forgot, he also gave you $5,300 to rebuild the motor for it. You haven't returned any of his phone calls or emails in months. Why is that? You had his car, and had his money, yet you never did anything. Shortly after you got his $5,300, and some money from me for my hood, you bought a really nice Powerstroke diesel F250, did you use this money for a down payment? I'd really like to hear what you'd have to say about all of this. We finally had to come track you down(6 hours away), and get the car from your parent's, yet the "383 stroker motor" seemed to be missing. Actually, it looks as if the car was never even touched in the 18 months that you have had the car in your possesion. I really hate to post this on a public bulletin board, and I appologize for anyone else who has to read through all of this crap, but this is my last resort, since you won't return any phone calls or emails. If there is anything that you would like to speak to me directly about, or any members of this board would like to hear about, please do not hesitate to call or email me. In fact, Justin would really like to hear from you as well, and I know you have all of his contact information.
Thank you,

Matt Blansett
matthewblansett@yahoo.com
469-323-6497 - anytime

Posts: 1 | From: The Colony, TX | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged
Old 01-28-2002, 02:34 AM
Teching In

Default Re: The thread "faster67" deleted.......

This is the thread that bernie aka "faster67" deleted, I wonder why?
Old 01-28-2002, 03:47 AM
Teching In

[quote]<strong>Hey Bernie! I find it amusing that you have time to take cars to the races, and post on internet bulletin boards, yet you don't seem to have time to work on paying customers cars, or return to me the hood that I paid for about a year ago.<hr></blockquote></strong>

Well I tried to talk to you in private but you want to talk about it in public so ok, I'll answer some questions again. Let's start with your hood. Matt, you asked me if I could get someone to fix your broken fiberglass Mustang hood. I don't do body work and I never claimed to. I asked a friend here in Corpus for a favor and he fixed the hood for $75. He took forever and a day to fix it and you gave me $60 and yes, I brought the hood from Dallas, drove an hour to drop it off at his garage, pitched in the rest and went through the headache of dealing with him. Unfortunately I don't make it up to Dallas as much as I used to and to be honest, driving your hood bad up there hasn't been something that crosses my mind on a regular basis. The last time I talked to your brother I offered to have it shipped if you needed it in a hurry or you could wait until someone was driving from Corpus to Dallas and could take it. He said he needed some hood hardware to put his hood back on since you were borrowing it and I offered to ship that as well. I figured that if you needed your hood bad enough you would at least offer some gas money, ask someone else to get it, ask to ship it or even just ask me about it at all.

[quote]<strong>I'd really like to hear what you'd have to say about all of this. We finally had to come track you down(6 hours away), and get the car from your parent's, yet the "383 stroker motor" seemed to be missing.<hr></blockquote></strong>

Well it's not exactly that cut and dried. I got money here and there as Justin could afford it. Justin has been giving me the "I'll get more money to pay you" line since before I actually even picked the car up to tear it down. I always fall for that line because I don't have the kinda cash it takes to just bust out and buy big stuff like that. The last time I talked to Justin he said he didn't have anymore money and he just wanted me to ask the machine shop for the money back and he wanted me to sell what he had and buy a stock motor. Machine shops don't just give you money back for machine work. So now I get stuck between a rock and a hard place and try to make it right. I bit the bullet and bought a complete stock '95 LT1 with very low miles on it and figured I'd sell all the other stuff that I'd gathered, charge him $1,500 or so for installation plus parts and he could have his car and almost a couple thousand back. I was totally willing to work with him to get his car back on the road.

I felt bad that Justin hasn't been in the financial situation to finish his project so I even offered to let him take my '91 Dodge truck to Dallas and use as a daily driver to get him around.

The weekend that he chose to come get his car was just bad planning. I had NO idea he was coming with a Uhaul to get his car. If I would have known, I would have offered the Dodge and the trailer to save him some money. I never said there was any 383 in my parent's garage. The 383 was put on hold and still is. Justin understood that. Even though he knew this, he made my parents open the garage and took a friend's 408 cube old school small block Chevy, a new Vig converter still in the box setup for the same 408, a new Extreme Comp cam and who knows what else when he picked up his car. I have no contact number for Justin, I don't know where he lives and I don't have his email address. He knows he took my stuff and he hasn't tried to get in touch with me one single time since he took that stuff. I have no idea where it is and I have no way of getting it back. So now I have to build another 408 long rod motor out of my pocket and order another $750 converter.

[quote]<strong>I really hate to post this on a public bulletin board, and I appologize for anyone else who has to read through all of this crap, but this is my last resort, since you won't return any phone calls or emails.<hr></blockquote></strong>

I have never received a single phone call or email from you. Never, Matt. I haven't talked to you since we went to Bar Dallas months and months ago. I have talked to your brother a few times and I hope Ryan told you about the shipping offer.

This whole thing started as a buddy deal. Justin didn't want to spend a ton but he wanted a heads/cam 383. I explained it to him that it could be done for a decent price but we'd have to shop around for some used parts and it would take time to find stuff cheap. I'm really sorry that it ended up with him upset but there's only so much money I can lose before I have to draw the line and just say no more. Not long ago I realized "buddy deal" really means "Bernie gets stuck holding the bag". As of now I have dumped $3,000 at the machine shop, $1,500+ for bolt-ons, $1,500 for the complete stocker, lost a 408, lost a Vig, lost a cam and God knows what else you two took when you backed up to the garage and started loading up my stuff. This has been a really expensive lesson for me. I have learned that I just can't afford to go out of my way for friends. If they can't afford to pay normal prices for stuff with cash up front I just don't can't work on their car. No matter how I slice it I'm just screwed.

-Bernie
Old 01-28-2002, 04:25 AM
Teching In

I don't think it's that simple Bernie. I repeatedly asked you what all you needed for you to bring my hood back to me. You said "$60". So I gave it to you. I then asked repeatedly when you were going to bring it back to. All you would do is give me the runaround, insult me, and tell me you had a pregnant girlfriend, and a baby with some other girl, and you didn't have time for favors. I'm not event hat concerned about my hood anymore, I wrote it off as a loss a long time ago. As for Justin. I've been there when just about everytime he has called you, emailed you, etc. Saying that you don't have a contact # for him is hilarious. He's called you and emailed you several times just in the past month. You NEVER returned anything in the past couple months. He has called your cell phone, and gotten your voicemail several times, his calls were never answered. He sent you money to build a motor, then when you asked for more, he sent more, you asked for more, he sent more, etc. Finally, he figured-up, and had sent you a grand total of $5300, and had NOTHING to show for it. Whenever Mike, Sean, or anybody else would make it to The Colony(myself and Justin live less than a mile away from "Big Matt", and you KNOW this, as you've been to both of our houses), we'd ask about "that white Formula that belongs to Justin", the answer everytime would be, "oh, the lawn ornanment, hahaha". They said it's been sitting in your Mom's front yard ever since it got there. The feedback Justin and myself, as well as just about everyone else from The Colony was getting was "uh oh, he has your $$, and the car is just sitting". So, Justin would repeatedly call you and email you, asking exactly how much more money you would need, and what pieces you were lacking to complete the motor. You never said anything, just "I'll get back to you". Yet, you never would give any straight answers, just a bunch of runaround. Finally, when it seemed as if there was no end in sight, Justin just begged if maybe you could put a stock motor in his car, just so he could drive it since it's been sitting for so long. You said you would look into it, yet again, you never got back to him. Finally, he had no choice but to just drive down and pick up his car. He tried over and over again to get in touch with you, and tell you he was comming, yet you would never return any emails or calls. He finally drove down and picked up his car, and whatever else he thought was his from your parents. You even ran from him twice while he was down there. It's funny, 'cause once my brother and him talked to a few Corpus locals, they all told them about stories of you taking people's money, yet leaving them with nothing. When his car first overheated, you said you could build him a nice motor fow a few grand. That's how you ended up with his car. Now, 18 months and $5300 later, his car was sitting at your parent's house EXACTLY as it arrived, NOTHING touched. How do you explain that, and where did his $5300 go? As for my hood, once again, you offered to drive it down there on your way back from Dallas, and said on your next drive up you would bring it with you. I figured it was no big deal, and trusted you since you drove to The Colony every few months it seemed. You said you had a bodyman that would fix it real cheap. I said ok, and you took it with you. The next time you were up here, I asked you about the hood, you said "oh yeah, it'll be $60", I said "no problem" and handed you $60. You said you would bring it back with you next time you came up here. You've made several trips to The Colony since then, yet I've never heard a word from you, or any info about my hood. So now you say it's $75, and you need some gas money? Ok, I ask you now, what else will it take for you to get it to me? When is your next trip to The Colony? Where can I pick it up at if I'm in Corpus? How much more $$ do you need? Big MAtt would pick it up for me, so would John and a few other friends from Corpus, where is it at, how much $$ do you need? Instead of blocking me on instant messenger and not answering phone calls/emails, I had nothing else to do other than post here. So please tell us all where Justin's $5300 went.
Old 01-28-2002, 04:26 AM
Teching In

Justin's # is 972-625-5134, you can call him at anytime. I gave you all of my contact info as well, saying that "Well I tried to talk to you in private but you want to talk about it in public" doesn't really fly.

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: Matthew Blansett ]</p>
Old 01-28-2002, 01:33 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

This thread has nothing to do with dragracing, but I don't like to see things drag out either like that.

I think I will move this to the for-sale section for now.

I'd like to see good resolution here otherwise I will ban all of you for life.