Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to Lebannon Valley tonight

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 11:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Going to Lebannon Valley tonight

hey guys whats going on? first time going to the drag strip tonight with my A4 2000 Z28. got a few questions and i cant seem to find it with the search function. 1. what are the rules/requierments for Lebannon valley? like i said it is my first time ever at the strip, but obviously the car is gonna be in the 13s. ive heard u need a helmet if u r in the 13 second catagory. 2. what are the track conditions usually up there? my father used to run there and he says that they dont prep the track very well. 3. ive read the tips for drag racing, but anymore would be great. My only mods are flowmaster muffler (for sound, obviously) and a slp lid w/k&n filter. just trying to get a baseline before i really start doing anything to the car, oh ya the car has 3.23 gears from the factory. thanks in advance guys, great website and i hope to converse with ya'll later.

Erik
Old 06-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

13.99 and faster you will need a helmet.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I always bring white shoe polish, and a tire pressure guage. I have stock rims and radials, so I always change my rear tire pressure to 24lbs. Those are just my preferences though, others vary.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Erik, I went memorial day weekend, track prep wasn't bad. 13's, you'll need a helmet. I live in Ellington too, drop me an e-mail. LJO524@aol.com
Old 06-16-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Leabanon is an ok track, but wens SUCK , to many cars and Newbie ricers dragging water up to the line. They do not prep the track on wens , traction usually sucks and you will only get around 3 passes. They shouldnt bust your *** about a helmet if you get into the 13s , to many cars to watch you can probable race with no problems.

When they tech you car tell them its all stoc and my first time out and are expecting to run 15s , alittle lie never hurts.

PS. go around the water box , do not drive through it with radial tires.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks alot guys advice greatly appreciated. ya the main reason i am going is because 1 obviously i ve never gone, used to drive by it on I-90 going up to Ft. Drum when i was stationed up there, but it was my buddies b-day yesterday and some kid he goes to school with at springfield tech has an 03 mustang gt 5 spd with minor mods (no poweradder or gears yet) who was talking about smoking z28s but SS's give him a hell of a run, also thinks he can run with vettes. but my buddy just wants to show him up. he supposedly only has minor exhaust work (cat delete, x-pipe, and flowmaster mufflers) also he says he put on a lower intake manifold, and larger throttle body. mommy and daddy pay for everything including the car. he is talking about a supercharger and gears in the future. must be nice, everything i got i busted my *** for. well thanks again guys.
Erik
Old 06-16-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Humvee, look out for me, I'll be up there tonight. Black T/A NHRA edition (guarantee I'll be the only T/A with the NHRA badges up there ) I'll be there with a Sliver SRT4 and Black '03 Cobra.

They're not too strict about the helmet, my Cobra buddy made 3 12 second passes without wearing his, and they gave him a little flack, but didn't kick him out. I've run many 12 second passes, and they've never looked for a d/s loop (of course I run one anyways).

Lebanon isn't a bad track, but it is at ~550', and generally about 2 tenths slower than the Jersey tracks. This is the first wed night I've gone this year, heard they have noise restrictions so I may get kicked out. But generally it is crowded, and you do get a fair amount of ricers (probably more so this year with the noise regulations). I wouldn't expect more than 3-4 passes, and the air isn't looking good today