Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FMS 346ci N/A Record 10.16 @ 132 MPH !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and that hood didnt look all that bad stock
Old 07-20-2004, 09:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome car and times!!.
And to the person saying that there are faster S/E cars. Maybe, but, they are also allowed a .060" overbore, which I'm sure most(all) are using that-NOT A 346"
Hope to get to see that car run sometime!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by granitemonkey
Great numbers
Nice sig. too!

Ya'll are going to be running 9's with them 346's this fall. That's freaking awesome!
Old 07-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet times Lee, glad to see everything coming together for you.
Hopefully 9's will be sooner than later, I think we are all pulling for you.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:33 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Buddy!

10.16 ROCKS!!!!!!!

Get your MAF fixed and get back out to the track this weekend.

Coach
Old 07-22-2004, 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
there are 9 second NHRA stock eliminator cars - namely al corda, the record holder. but ls1tech doesnt consider the S/E cars for internet records, but looks more for street type cars. admitidly it is a very fuzy line at this point with the fastest cars on this board. besides i havent seen many S/E cars driving legally with tags and insurace in a while Lee's car is that.
Yeah i bet its real tough to drive a hydraulic roller camaro from the STOCK eliminator class......solid roller cars have much better daily driver characteristics................
Old 07-22-2004, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 770boy
Yeah i bet its real tough to drive a hydraulic roller camaro from the STOCK eliminator class......solid roller cars have much better daily driver characteristics................

just for the record, im not trying to be pessimistic, FEARTHELS1 has a badass car, Futral Motorsports builds badass cars. I just think people are overlooking the stockers, Ive been wondering why noone has commented on this. About 2 years ago when I was 18 I talked with Woodro Josey in the pits and he took me around and showed me a few cars, they cranked up idled with some lope but nonetheless sounded no worse than a Cammed LS1, I dont see why it couldnt be a daily driver with a catback exhaust and a set of radials.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

you want to daily drive a car with 5200 rpm non lockup stall convertors, 2 speed powerglides, 5 gallon fuel cells, 5.13 gears on 30" tires (note the 2 speed tranny), aftermarket pcm, and shift points incredibly high? go for it bro, sounds like you are hardcore.

also, i really believe that it isnt the board rejecting the S/E cars but rather the S/E guys dont come on this board and care. also the S/E cars are EXTREMELY secretive about their combos. they wont exactly tell you how they designed their combo. if so, the ls1tech world would be exploding right now. the best tuners on this board are trying to replicate those stock headed (at least port volume) stock intake stock lift cam combos.

and to respond to your last reply - bro, if you honestly think there is anything "STOCK" about an NHRA stock eliminator car, lol, you have no idea and need to research the class before letting your fingers roam free.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:04 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you want to daily drive a car with 5200 rpm non lockup stall convertors, 2 speed powerglides, 5 gallon fuel cells, 5.13 gears on 30" tires (note the 2 speed tranny), aftermarket pcm, and shift points incredibly high? go for it bro, sounds like you are hardcore.

also, i really believe that it isnt the board rejecting the S/E cars but rather the S/E guys dont come on this board and care. also the S/E cars are EXTREMELY secretive about their combos. they wont exactly tell you how they designed their combo. if so, the ls1tech world would be exploding right now. the best tuners on this board are trying to replicate those stock headed (at least port volume) stock intake stock lift cam combos.

and to respond to your last reply - bro, if you honestly think there is anything "STOCK" about an NHRA stock eliminator car, lol, you have no idea and need to research the class before letting your fingers roam free.

Amen Brother!

Coach
Old 07-22-2004, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Im sure there are many differences, forget I mentioned it. Im not tryin to make enemys.

Last edited by 770Guy; 07-22-2004 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 770boy
...I just think people are overlooking the stockers, Ive been wondering why noone has commented on this...I dont see why it couldnt be a daily driver with a catback exhaust and a set of radials.
If you have an unlimited budget for valve springs maybe... trust me those "stocker" cam lobes are WAY more aggressive than you think.
Steve...
Old 07-22-2004, 09:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SAR2K
If you have an unlimited budget for valve springs maybe... trust me those "stocker" cam lobes are WAY more aggressive than you think.
Steve...
Indeed they are almost as aggressive as yours

congrats FMS awesome times...
Old 07-22-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gator,

You obviously don't know a whole lot about the rules for Stock Eliminator or what it takes to run the class.

Daren

Last edited by GIZMO; 07-22-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GIZMO
Gator,

You obviously don't know a whole lot about the rules for Stock Eliminator or what it takes to run the class.

Daren
Gizmo, enlighten all of us with your knowledge.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Well being that very good friends of mine (where i get all my work done) do A LOT of stock elminator Motors and hold 3-4 national records currently. Stock Eliminator cars are NO WHERE NEAR STOCK

Ever Seen a stock eliminator HEAD, I HAVE, they allow in the rules so much GREY area......."stock appearing port" "vavle job" lots of little terms and loopholes that alow for a lot of work.....Those heads flow way more than you would think they probably flow better than most of the "stage 3 stuff" out there. Ever seen a head cut in half and welded back together, and then broken a record I HAVE. PLUS the new stuff (LS1's) have such a soft index thats why they break so many records.

hahahhahahha DRIVING a stock eliminator car on the street, right

Either way very impressive times 10.16 out of a stock cube car amazing stuff

andy
Old 07-23-2004, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

No one talks about there setup cause they dont want to get caught cause they are bending the rules so far and posibly breaking the rules if the motors were to really be inspected well. Why tell, makes it harder to make money when others are going just as fast as you. The internet is one thing but when its what puts food on your table it really thickens the plot somewhat.

Andy
Old 07-23-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1 ANDY
Well being that very good friends of mine (where i get all my work done) do A LOT of stock elminator Motors and hold 3-4 national records currently. Stock Eliminator cars are NO WHERE NEAR STOCK

Ever Seen a stock eliminator HEAD, I HAVE, they allow in the rules so much GREY area......."stock appearing port" "vavle job" lots of little terms and loopholes that alow for a lot of work.....Those heads flow way more than you would think they probably flow better than most of the "stage 3 stuff" out there. Ever seen a head cut in half and welded back together, and then broken a record I HAVE. PLUS the new stuff (LS1's) have such a soft index thats why they break so many records.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To tell the truth, I wish that I never brought this up in the first place. I asked a simple question and stated that I was not trying to offend anyone.
For the record, I think that Lee has a really nice car and think that it will soon be in the high nines. The MPH makes it obvious that he is making enough HP. I think that he was jumping the gun a little with his "Fastest N/A 346 LS1 in the country", but that is only my opinion. You have all pointed out to me why his car is more legitimate than any Stock Eliminator car. That's fine with me, but I really don't understand why you have to keep pushing the issue.
You wonder why Stock Eliminator racers don't post on here. I would suggest that some of the posts in this thread show exactly why.
As far as my experience is concerned, I would say that it is limited. I have only been racing LT1's for a few years now. I learn something new every day. I try to share what I know on this forum and others, but am getting a little tired of being called a cheat.
If I build my Firebird to run by your rules, will it be the same deal? Is that what you guys are all about? I ran at the N vs S race last year and had a lot of fun. I also met some great people. I decided to build a car to compete in your heads-up classes, but have been having my doubts all year.

Lee,

I really hope that I have not offended you in any way. Good luck at the races.

Sincerely,

Daren Poole-Adams
IHRA 9043
Old 07-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Banned

"Stock appearing ports"? You also left out the part where they're not allowed to port, polish, acid dip or sand blast those "stock appearing ports".

They're allowed after market stock size valves with narrower stems and a valve job. The reason why the make as much power as they do is because a top competitor in Stock Elim will have his engine builder flow dozens and dozens of heads and pick the 2 best flowing ones. Yes, there are variances in stock heads where one might flow less than 240 cfm and another 250+.

And don't think the factory isn't backing the top guys. The head porter, Henry, at B&B machine in Lynbrook NY had a record setting Stock Elim Nova. Well a couple of years back B&B machine received 100 LS1 heads for "testing" from GM. Didn't pay for them and they don't have to return them after the "testing". Henry simply expressed interest in racing an LS1 and GM listened.

Don't think for one minute that the BIG cam only idea simply materialized from thin air. Stock Elim guys did it first.

I'd love to hear from guys like Woodro Josey and Al Corda, but like many folks on this and other BBs, they keep some secrets to themselves. That's why they're faster than the next guy.

Why don't we try and approach these guys and see if they'd like to throw their 2 cents in here now and again. Let's start a new thread about Stock Elim and leave Lee's thread alone. Sorry Lee.

Anyways, great runs Lee and good luck.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

so Gizmo, are you going to take back what you said about me? lol. you sounded pretty ignorant with your post to me personally but oh well.