Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With a guess.. how much lower will my ET's drop with these two mods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004 | 02:53 PM
Launching!

Default With a guess.. how much lower will my ET's drop with these two mods?

I bought this car about 5-6 months ago, and I had to learn how to drive a standard on this car..

Its an 01 SLP Firehawk M6. Only mods I had done to it was dynomouth exhaust, and an SLP air lid. The day I took it to the track I was launching at around 2,200-2,400 rpmand not dumping the clutch but riding it out. I got a best time of 2.1 60 foot with a 13.3 @106 time. Not to bad since this was my first time to the track ever. On that day I had a lil over half a tank of gas, and bald street tires

NOW with the addition on my next two (three including the new tires i got) mods what do you think it will run..

Flow Tech Long Tube headers
True duals, with an X-pipe and flowmaster 1 chambers
and some new Nitto 555 extreme zr tires (i think thats what they are called)

Since my last trip to the track I've learned how to drive it ALOT better, and I'm hoping that at 1,100 feet above sea level.. I could net a 13.0 or 12.90 what do you guys think? Am I way of course here?
Old 07-22-2004 | 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anywhere from 1 to 5 tenths in the 1/4 , to many varibles to really tell.
Old 07-23-2004 | 05:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ohmyneck
I bought this car about 5-6 months ago, and I had to learn how to drive a standard on this car..

Its an 01 SLP Firehawk M6. Only mods I had done to it was dynomouth exhaust, and an SLP air lid. The day I took it to the track I was launching at around 2,200-2,400 rpmand not dumping the clutch but riding it out. I got a best time of 2.1 60 foot with a 13.3 @106 time. Not to bad since this was my first time to the track ever. On that day I had a lil over half a tank of gas, and bald street tires

NOW with the addition on my next two (three including the new tires i got) mods what do you think it will run..

Flow Tech Long Tube headers
True duals, with an X-pipe and flowmaster 1 chambers
and some new Nitto 555 extreme zr tires (i think thats what they are called)

Since my last trip to the track I've learned how to drive it ALOT better, and I'm hoping that at 1,100 feet above sea level.. I could net a 13.0 or 12.90 what do you guys think? Am I way of course here?
with similar weather to last time 12's should be easy if you have the guts to beat on the rear a lil, just with the nittos you sould be able to drop at least 4tenths. 2tenths for ever tenth you drop of the 60ft and with nittos getting some high 1.8 are farily easy if the clutch is strong. i would say 12.8's are possible assumin you drive decent. i have a lil m6 experience