Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for the sake of argument

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Re: for the sake of argument

fastlif, you misunderstood the meaning about that statement. People were pointing out the known weak points on both setups (rearend, clutch, etc...) and I know that the stock, unmodified 4L60e is much less reliable than a stock unmodified T56 when you get into the low 11s range and beyond. People end up spending the same amount to rebuild and upgrade their 4L60e as an M6 guy spends on buying a new rearend. At that point, the costs involved start to even themselve out.

That was the point, nothing else. Simple.

Tony
Old 03-21-2003, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nine Ball:
<strong> [QUOTE] How many M6 guys have you heard blame their poor ET on "the wrong shift points". LOL
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">tons LOL, I hear it all the time..I think I'll shift here, or maybe here or bla bla bla. Sure it is trial and error for awhile, same as a4.

The only thing hard about driving a manual car at the track is clutch slipping off the line....IF you have good clutch, 12 bolt and slicks IT IS EASY. speed shifting consistently could be learned by a monkey. YES it will take less time to train that monkey to drive the a4 BUT don't act like only GOD and a few followers can consistently drive a M6.

SM
Old 03-21-2003, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Exactly, to me once you start getting really fast (low 11's as posted above) the advantage the A4 holds (cheaper to ET better) disappears. And, the 10 bolts in an A4 would be in danger once they start ripping times like that.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nine Ball:
<strong> fastlif, you misunderstood the meaning about that statement. People were pointing out the known weak points on both setups (rearend, clutch, etc...) and I know that the stock, unmodified 4L60e is much less reliable than a stock unmodified T56 when you get into the low 11s range and beyond. People end up spending the same amount to rebuild and upgrade their 4L60e as an M6 guy spends on buying a new rearend. At that point, the costs involved start to even themselve out.

That was the point, nothing else. Simple.

Tony </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't see any question about costs? maybe I missed it.