Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedinc carpet question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 09:15 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would love to keep the console, but with the 5 pt. harness straps that are next to it, will only scratch it up over time. i plan to at least give if a shot with a nice hurst pistol grip shifter and cover, and a chrome fire extinguisher behind it. maybe after i get my new set of corbeau seats next year, there will be more room for the belt to lay when i'm on the street using a shoulder belt.

if you have any pics without the console in, i'd love to see them.

thanks,
Dave
Old 11-03-2004, 10:41 AM
kp
8 Second Club

the harness wont scratch it it up if you are fairly carefull, I have kirkeys in this car and had forzas in my old SS and that really wasnt a problem. The console is nice to keep little junk like the tire gauge, shoe polish, time slips etc (my glove compartmant has the wideband controller in it so it has no room) and it just looked too empty without it.

I need to tighten up the back part a bit but the carpet looks OK, not near as nice as the OEM stuff as far as laying down but that should get a little better after it sits in the sun for a while. Its way better then thin glued on speaker covering stuff IMO. I didnt put the belts or the pass seat back or vacuum it yet but here is a pic with the console, its all I have.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:31 PM
9 Second Club

hey, that doesn't look bad at all! nice color interior. i plan to change out my light grey eventually for something dark.

thanks,
Dave
Old 11-03-2004, 03:25 PM
kp
8 Second Club

heh, there are so many different year/color parts in my interior it almost looks like its supposed to be that way. One day I'll find a parts car with all the same color panels and make it look decent