Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weld Alumastar difference?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 01:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slow3hoe2
my opinion on the alumastar one one piece fronts....if it matters.

i have seen these wheels on many cars and i can say that ive only seen a couple that i think look good with em. ive seen them on fbodys and dont think they look good...but thats my opinion. the wheel itself is an awesome piece...looks great when you pull it out the the box. Its a little heavier than i thought it'd be...comparing to the bogart aluma-lites that my friend has.

I think it takes a certain color scheme, shape of the car, and stance to make them look good. i just cant put my finger on it...but i see them all the time...and most of the cars i see them on i dont like them. Most black cars i see them on they look good....maybe cuz my car is black

When i first installed them on my 91 black notch...i didnt like the way they looked. Then i polished the aerospace brakes and hubs, and painted the rotors...then they looked hot. so if you get them, be prepared to keep your brakes looking perfect to make it look best....and keep the rims clean and tires shinning...otherwise they looks like ***.

like i said...just my opinions...i would never put them on a car that wasnt a show or a track only car with nice looking brakes.
I like this guy I'll say it again, both rims are nice, both are real close in weight, though ours is a tad lighter, it really does come down to a personal preference. To be fair, one won't go wrong with either choice (of course I'm a bit biased).

Slow brought up a good point, the weld alumastars have a very large "window" where you can see the calipers/rotors (and everything else)...so if you don't have something nice to see, then it will show.

I wouldn't suggest running either weld or our P2 on anything but a track only car w/drag brakes fwiw.

Steve
Pres.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

That's my problem, I don't have fancy race brakes right now and those Weld wheels would show off my stock six year old calipers.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
That's my problem, I don't have fancy race brakes right now and those Weld wheels would show off my stock six year old calipers.
There is always Master Card or your equity in the house. LOL

Let's promote delinquency for 2005.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love you john

Last edited by slow3hoe2; 12-01-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

I like bogarts.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Jim you still have those fancy hoops?

I"ve been leaning towards Bogarts cuz the Bolted D10's are pretty awesome.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

go bogart aluma lites. i think they are just ****. everyone seems to have the bolted RT series
Old 12-02-2004, 05:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
go bogart aluma lites. i think they are just ****. everyone seems to have the bolted RT series
Gator do you still use your Prostars? I remember seeing your car along time ago. My buddy sold you a TNT kit and met you guys at Marks house. I seen you a couple other times at RMS. Your car looks ****!
Old 10-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by PHIL H
The one piece fronts will fit with minimal if any grinding to the calipers. I have the old style Aluma Stars and the fronts still require spacers, but the 15x10 rears required very little grinding.. A friend just bought the new style and i tried them on..Very nice..

steve10...Can you pm me a price for a set of Force 5 fronts? (15x3.5) My friend bought a set of rears that were already beadlocked for his Outlaw 10.5 car and is looking for a set of fronts.

Phil
Phil,
I am actually looking for a rear set of old style alumastar wheels size 15x10 with a 6" setback the 2.0 788's for my race car. I have the fronts but weld is 8 weeks backed up on the back and I dont have that much time. I am willing to pay cash or trade if you know anyone or any recources besides weld or jegs or summit already checked them. I have some cool stuff to trade mostly chevy racing stuff, you can call me at 970-379-2923 or email me at vanceandheidi@msn.com thanks i appriciate any help at all.

Quick Reply: Weld Alumastar difference?