Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consistency for LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, $570 is a little steep for a water pump for a daily driven car. BAMA has the Hi/Lo/Stock fan switch and his temps are usually pretty consistent. (We check his temps on the radiator hoses with a non-contact thermometer)

I think whoever made the comment about it dumping more or less fuel seemingly out of nowhere is barking up the right tree, we need to get HPTuners or something like that to keep tabs on the computer at all times.

Jason, wanna go in on it? Lord knows I need it for the TA too. I think you can do 2 cars with the standard program, and I finally got a good laptop!

As far as my bracket car goes, I leave the line at ~130, with the water pump on, cut the fan on on the return road, and it never gets over ~160, even in the hottest part of summer. Leave the pump and fan on for 5 or 10 minutes, and it's back on the low side peg. And no, it's not on alky-haul either.

Taco
Old 12-17-2004, 02:46 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
you may be hurting yourself by using fixed resistors, the sensors are made to compensate for weather changes so if the temp drops the ECU doesnt know its making things worst.

Manual fans and keeping the water temp constant between rounds is a good idea as well.

First thing to do would be get something like HPtuners and get your shift points correct and also make sure your LTFTs are zero at WOT, if they are positive you will get some passes where it dumps more or less fuel depending on how you leave the line.

detonation is not your friend also, lots of things can really screw with your 60'/ET..
This is the key right here. KP hit the nail on the head.

Coach
Old 12-17-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good Taco maybe we can together on that sometime soon. I agree we should be the only thing that takes alcohol.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Coach and KP, we're gonna see if we can get that straightened out.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It should also be noted that BAMA's car is not losing ET in any one spot, it just seems down on power across the board. It'll go 3-7 or 8 rounds about as deadly as you could ask, then it'll just drop like a half second. He says he can always tell as soon as he hits the tree that he's DONE unless the other guy falls out of the car.

I told him a 100 shot of N2O woud come in handy... he told me to shut my pie hole!!! Oh well...

Taco
Old 12-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Teching In

you might want to use a supercharger. otherwise your pretty much fucked. ur z28 is as slow as a turtle...try a srt-4...
Old 12-19-2004, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CamarosRslow
you might want to use a supercharger. otherwise your pretty much fucked. ur z28 is as slow as a turtle...try a srt-4...

srt-4, you gotta be kidding right?

If I want any lip out of a smart a$$ like you , then next time i"ll just scrape it off my zipper!

Quick Reply: Consistency for LS1?