Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 03:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PCM is GM 2000 Corvette replacement reworked with LS1 Edit by Dan Bills at Finish Line Performance in Naperville along with Dyno Pull Input as analyzed by Dan. The origional PCM is boxed up and in storage along with a ton of other "origional" parts that have been replaced since 00.

JR
Old 03-04-2005, 03:52 PM
xxx
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brady
thanks, we're looking forward to winning it...

John, send all the stickers you want, just staple them to $100 bills so they won't get misplaced.
Just send me the stickers and the hundreds POJ......
Old 03-04-2005, 03:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Dave, it's a 380" motor, big bore/short stroke. It's working out good, the car has been down for the winter for chassis work, I actually just put it on the ground a few minutes ago.. I'll get a pic later... Oh, I had to go back to an 88mm turbo for class rules this year.. well.. 88mm inlet

It's not really a pump gas motor, but I ain't skeered

Joe, you better be in the pits with us!!

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
thanks man. hopefully next year i'll be ready to take a whack at it. good luck to all.

hey Brady.........are you running that Dart 360 with a turbo? just wondering how that's going for you. i just layed down the cash for the 321 SS bends for my setup, don't know if you remember us pm'ing a couple times. anyway, good luck to you. as a fellow Dart based sbc 4th gen turbo owner, or at least soon to be, i'll be rooting for you.

later,
Dave
Old 03-04-2005, 04:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

JR, !maf tune?

Got a dyno sheet?

Car looked great at Alston, I told Mike to ask if you wanted to trade. I painted the front end.

xxx, best u will get from me is some tanning coupons and maybe a sticker from pepboyz.

I'm thinking that 9.20 or better average runs will be competitive.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:28 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
JR I think I saw your car up at Alston for the cage, nice car.
Pro Stock John -

Thanks for the compliment. Mike at Alston is one great guy! My car was just up there for a Stroud parachute fitment. I should be running very close to the 150 mark this year!

JR
Old 03-04-2005, 04:33 PM
9 Second Club

JR, !maf tune?

Got a dyno sheet?

Car looked great at Alston, I told Mike to ask if you wanted to trade. I painted the front end.

xxx, best u will get from me is some tanning coupons and maybe a sticker from pepboyz.

I'm thinking that 9.20 or better average runs will be competitive.

Pro Stock John -
MAF is reworked a bit by me with Vinci Hi-Performance compsite housing. Dan Bills has the sheets. He got it up to about 730 RWHP running only 16 deg of advance at WOT. So much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the motor he wants to keep things conservative for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JR
Old 03-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Teching In

No flame but do you guys honestly believe nines will be competitive?

I ask because I hope you're right. Unfortunately, there was so much excitement after the first event that there will be much better cars in attendence this year.

Chad
Old 03-04-2005, 04:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

before

after It's FILTHY from nearly 4 months in the shop!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 06:51 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by Brady
Joe, you better be in the pits with us!!
I'll be there, but no spooning for me this year.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by THE CHAD
No flame but do you guys honestly believe nines will be competitive?

I ask because I hope you're right. Unfortunately, there was so much excitement after the first event that there will be much better cars in attendence this year.

Chad
If track conditions are favorable, it will not surprise me to see a few cars average a high eight.

Congrats to everyone chosen. We're looking forward to the trip. Hope to meet some of you there.

Brian Hinson
Old 03-04-2005, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by brianhinson
If track conditions are favorable, it will not surprise me to see a few cars average a high eight.

Congrats to everyone chosen. We're looking forward to the trip. Hope to meet some of you there.

Brian Hinson

I agree, I think if the track is there (and the big dogs don't break and make the cruise) it'll definitely take a 8.xx average to win. Definitely alot of if's there, but that is what makes this event so cool.

Looking forward to meeting the other participants and hope the best to everyone
Old 03-04-2005, 09:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I think track prep will be the deciding factor for some combos. Doc how big of a tire you plan to run?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:01 PM
9 Second Club

I think track prep will be the deciding factor for some combos. Doc how big of a tire you plan to run?

Well I'm running 28''x10.5's right now but that will probally change by then. Definitely a taller tire would be nice but I think it will still leave nice w/ the progressive controller even on the smaller tire. Just gonna have to play with it and see how it works
Old 03-04-2005, 11:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Brady, how tall are those rear meats? that thing has a great stance. any newer pics of the engine bay? no particular reason for asking, just curious. lol.

later man,
Dave
Old 03-04-2005, 11:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JR-CRUZN-C5
I am honored that Hot Rod Magazine selected my 2000 C5 to represent the late model Corvette community. I will be curious to see 8 sec cars run on 93 octane or better yet see how the track holds 1000+ HP cars running DOT tires. Last year for most of the cars each run got progressively slower. My setup is pretty consistant so with some good DA hopefully I can log in 3 runs in the 9.5 to 9.6 range. I switched to a 12.5" ET Street to minimize any tire spin. WISH ME LUCK!

JR

very sweet looking car there JR. reminds me of another Pewter Vette owned by a guy on here local to Chicago area. he also has a C5R 427 setup, but it's N/A and a drop top. for sale even. sure wish i had the extra cash. that hood looks fantastic btw. if you do a search in the Midwest section for it, i'm sure you'll find a couple posts and pics of it. i know at one time he had a bunch.

and as for the times getting progressively slower, that's of course due to the heat building in all of the components having to run back to back to back runs after only a 30 min. cool down.

later,
Dave
Old 03-05-2005, 05:25 PM
xxx
Launching!

Dammit John don't run from your feelings!!!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

31) Chris Benjamin Dover Plains, NY ’86 Capri lol!!

poor guy...
Old 03-06-2005, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

i was there last year.been there,almost done that.(engine went south about 2 weeks before race.really had no time to get her back running.)but if i am reading it correctly,you only have 10 gallons of fuel to play with.it looks to me that about 20 cars wont even make the street drive.i would have to say that at least 5 cars last year were running on fumes at a whole lotta hope.10 gallons is gonna be tough.the octane last year was 92 not 93.i saw the drum markings and asked.92 it was.the drive last year wasent so bad.most of the time you were going 35 to 40 miles an hour.had about 20 stoplights,about half were green.i am saying these things because id like the drivers to kinda know what the deal will be this year.you are gonna have to get some decent miles to the gallon (at least 10) to hang in there.good luck to you all,its gonna be great!
Old 03-07-2005, 02:15 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by silkey
i was there last year.been there,almost done that.(engine went south about 2 weeks before race.really had no time to get her back running.)but if i am reading it correctly,you only have 10 gallons of fuel to play with.it looks to me that about 20 cars wont even make the street drive.i would have to say that at least 5 cars last year were running on fumes at a whole lotta hope.10 gallons is gonna be tough.the octane last year was 92 not 93.i saw the drum markings and asked.92 it was.the drive last year wasent so bad.most of the time you were going 35 to 40 miles an hour.had about 20 stoplights,about half were green.i am saying these things because id like the drivers to kinda know what the deal will be this year.you are gonna have to get some decent miles to the gallon (at least 10) to hang in there.good luck to you all,its gonna be great!
Thanks for the heads up Fuel is the last of my worries, my cell only holds ten gallons and I have driven farther than that and made 5 full pases. I'm pretty sure they changed it to 12 gallons this year though
Old 03-07-2005, 02:14 PM
7 Second Club

all cars picked claimed 9 seconds or quicker, according to Dave F. Yet this is in the original write-up "To give glory to some of the little guys, even if they don't win, we'll award HOT ROD Editor's Picks for the Most Legit 8- 9-, 10-, and 11-Second StreetersTo give glory to some of the little guys, even if they don't win, we'll award HOT ROD Editor's Picks for the Most Legit 8- 9-, 10-, and 11-Second Streeters." How is that possible?? Oh right, they'll go to the 9 second guys that can't go faster than 10 seconds. Also read how loosely the rules were enforced last year for tech and fuel. Check out www.hotrod.com and click on the message board link on the left.

Derek