Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help! Drag brake bleeding and pedal feel ?`s

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help! Drag brake bleeding and pedal feel ?`s

I just installed my Aerospace front drag brakes and I`ve played hell trying to bleed the lines and get some pedal back. I`m getting brakes but the pedal is mushy and you have to basically put it to the floor to get them to engage almost like there is air in the line. I`ve tried every procedure I know of including re-priming the master cylinder. The fronts won`t hold the car with the line lock even when I put it to the floor and give a few pumps and set it. I`ve only kind of started the bedding process of the pads with a few trips around the block and I know that needs to be done some more to get them bedded properly but that should not effect the pedal feel. Is this just the way drag race only brakes are/feel?
For the record I`m running stock master cylinder & Vac. booster, Billingsley ABS delete block, Aerospace front drag brakes, stock rear brakes. I`ve emailed Jay but I know that poor dude is busy so I figured I`d ask on the board. I`ve got a race in 7 hours! HELP!
Old 07-09-2005, 05:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think it is safe to race with those brakes when they are feeling mushy. So give them to me and put your stockers back on.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:48 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

you probably have air in the line. just start bleeding the crap out fo those things, one wheel at a time. go real slow with it too, should help to get the air out. The caliper should have a bleed on it somewhere I'd think.

Another thought, if you ditched the ABS, something that you could also do (I'll be doing when I put thsoe same brakes on my car) is just runa line off the master and the linelock to the front and the rear, and remove the entire abs block and all the lines on it, pretty much do new lines for the entire car. It would save a bunch more weight then the delete block, remove a ton more potential air problems, and be cheaper in the long run... and clean up the engine bay more too.

As far as I know, there's no reason that you can't do that, it's the same thing as using the delete blcok, jsut a hell of alot cheaper and cleaner to do.

Quick Reply: Need Help! Drag brake bleeding and pedal feel ?`s