Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for guys that have completly removed ABS harness.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for guys that have completly removed ABS harness.

This is a non TCS car so there is no EBCTM under the dash. Just that big plug to the left side with the bolt going through it. Is everything running through this plug just ABS and nothing else? Can I remove that whole harness that goes into and out of the big plug? It looks like the brake lights are kept seperate from this plug and just run along the main harness to the back of the car.

Think I can get 20 lbs of wire out of this pig between the ABS, radio/amp, and airbag harness'?

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 08-10-2005, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that big *** plug has all the wires going to your relay boxes, ABS, computer and a few other things.
What i did is take the big plug off of the ABS block and chase EVERY SINGLE WIRE (same with the radio harnes and amp harness) . it took a couple of days and i had to unravel pretty much every single harness in the car (wires literally run thru every harness) but i'm sure i pulled out 30- 40 lbs of wires sensors and pcms.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:19 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the same boat. Is there a way to get the ABS, Brake and Service Vehicle lights to go out without painting or shorting out the bulbs?

I'd love to remove the whole harness if it wouldn't effect anything else.

There has to be some experienced racer out there willing to share what they've done as in what works and what doesn't.

TTT
Old 08-10-2005, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took a quick count of wires on that plug. It looks like the 12 from the ABS module go directly through that plug, plus atleast 3 others not counting the small gray ones at the top. I havn't really started chasing them yet, I'll wait to pull the whole interior.

TXCAMSS: Suposedly if you ground the light green wire coming for the ABS module, it will put out all your ABS lights. This is what the guys with the EBCTMs do, not sure if it works on a regular ABS car though.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:45 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah having an with TCS/ABS the wiring configuration is quite different. The ECBTM allows a quick ABS light resolution. I have a smaller throttle position module in the location that the older cars have an ECBTM so my fix will be at the ABS block harness or the wiring junction block that GM Muscle described. There is a significant amount of weight reduction to be had if we knew what wire does what.

I'll try checking that green wire for power and grounding it if it proves to have some validity. I'll let you know what happens.

There are several,fuses that are labled ABS ign, bat, etc. Which ones play a role if the ABS and TCS is removed?

Great thread BTW!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just pulled the bulbs out. i pulled the ABS INOP, BRAKE, ASR OFF and seat belt bulbs out. those things were heavy!
None of that affected anything else. my keyless entry, alarm and everything else still works fine.

Quick Reply: Question for guys that have completly removed ABS harness.