Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving Battery to the back and Installing Main Cutoff Switch Tomorrow, any pointers..

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 03:22 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at Wolfecrafts firewall it doesnt have to seal that damn tight.

Is there anything in the rulebook about how far the on/off switch can be mounted away from the battery? I'd like to mount mine below the rear bumper area....In Hawaii we have inspection stickers and many of us use a plate bolted under the bumper for them, if the rules dont specify then I'd use that locale.

Need to work something out to use the 10#bottle in spare area, with T-top area open and still mount a battery back there *yes I typically ask for a lot, my wife spoils me*.

Charlie
Old 08-22-2005, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAT3
Looking at Wolfecrafts firewall it doesnt have to seal that damn tight.
I thought so too, but if not tight, what is the point? (Yeah, I know their rules don't have to have a point ... )
Is there anything in the rulebook about how far the on/off switch can be mounted away from the battery? I'd like to mount mine below the rear bumper area....
Charlie
The only think they say about location is that it has to be easily found. A tech inspector can interpret that as the same place everyone else put it so that the safety guys can find it quickly when they need to.