Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Slp line lock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Slp line lock?

Just wondering what yall thought about this and if it is worth buying?

Also after u get done warming up the tires do u just turn the line lock off?
Old 08-19-2005, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

I use one. I've had acouple of issues with one fitting leaking but it's under control now. All you do is flip the switch on when your ready go, and flip it off when you want to roll out. I would highley reccomend the SJM kit over the SLP. They use the same solenoids but Steve's lines are bent nicer. I jsut installed one of his ABS delete setups, very happy with it.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

hey gm muscle u have a link for the Sjm kit and nice car by the way man
Old 08-19-2005, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Here you go http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_ls1.html , and thanks.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the SLP and its kool. no more killing the rear brakes.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My friend bought an SLP linelock. Looked like a very nice piece and easy install. The brake lines were just fine, bent nicely.

Don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:00 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GMMuscle,

Thanks for the recommendation. Our kits were produced before another manufacture decided to sell their own "exclusive" kit. Funny thing was their reps used to work with our vendors with our items...hmmm

Both kits will function well, I consider the other manufactures kit to be a bare-bones setup with safety concerns. Our kit retains additional benifits over theirs yet still priced competitivly. Our kits use a master arm switch with remote LED indicator to control the overall ciruit and a control switch when you want to activate the solenoid.

Without the master arm circuit, your line lock is always live and can be activated accidentally without knowledge. The other manufacture does not use a momentary switch OR a master arm switch to activate the line lock. You COULD switch it on by accident when you’re cleaning your car or a passenger switch it unaware of what he did. This can have bad consequences…at minimum line locks shouldn’t be activated for more then ~60 seconds, by doing so, can burn it out. At worst, an accident can evolve due to your brakes locking and staying locked when you don’t want them to.

The way our kit works is: when you want to use the line lock, switch the master circuit on, the LED will illuminate. Now the line lock is ready for operation at will. When you’re ready to stage, heat up your tires, the line lock solenoid can be activated by depressing the momentary button. When you’re done using the line lock, switch the master circuit off so the line lock is permanently deactivated. Accidental deployment cannot occur now.

Many folks whom have purchased another manufactures kit then realized this was an issue and added the additional circuitry necessary to include this feature. The additional cost of ~15-20.00 is not necessary with our kit as it includes everything.

Our kits are ALWAYS in stock and ready to ship w/in 24 hours M-F. I highly recommend the B-001 kits over the others due to the price point. All kits retain the same circuitry. The difference in pricing is solely due to the solenoid used. ALL our solenoids used are rebuildable, they all work equally well. I have yet to find a difference in feeling from one to the other. We offere them with different solenoid configuations for the folks whom "have to have" one style over another.

We offer the B-001 kits in two configurations, one a top mount and the other the front mount. The front mount is the original design, the top mount was produced since it is a much easier install due to the LS1 power block location. Drilling to mount the solenoid can be difficult in comparison to the top mount setup. The front mount kit locates the solenoid behind the power block. THe top mount kit locates the solenoid right next to the grounding bolt located on the top of the front fender (almost right above the front mount location).

Steve

Last edited by steve10; 08-20-2005 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:04 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

SJM has wonderful email communication and super-quick shipping. The parts are also nicely made as well. I just purchased an EGR & Air delete kit from them and the service was wonderful.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

SLP here for about 3 years and no problems.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:21 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote for SJM. Steve has awesome customer service and the kit is 100% complete and easy to install. Half the work is done when you get the kit. Good luck!