Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 Weight Reduction!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005 | 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94strokedz
I have 17" fikse wheels up front and 18" out back, their definitely slightly lighter than stock, and look a hell of a lot better. However, the rotating mass is farther from the rotation point than 16" wheels, so I don't think they are any easier to accelerate even though they are lighter. I agree with fastenough, tint the windows and gut the interior.
yes but im letting the ******* look into the cab...cause i also have the 110 speedo,auto, no switches for nitrous is visible, ect. ect.

arent fikse wheels pretty expensive...i guess ill just go with 17s all the way around
Old 08-23-2005 | 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so what about the battery? lightest dd battery, or lightweight carpet?

what kind of advantages do you get from the ls1 driveshaft over the lt1?
Old 08-23-2005 | 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

The 22lbs batter I refer to having is an Oddyssey battery, they also make a lighter one which is 15 lbs and I have heard of people running them on daily drivers without problems. I went with the 22lb one because it has a little more cranking amps and I also have an ASP underdrive pulley so it puts a little more strain on the battery. The stock battery weighs around 35lbs and the optima redtop I previously had in weighed 40lbs. Here is a link to the battery.... http://www.batteryweb.com/odyssey.cfm

Actually after looking at the site it is actually 24lbs, I guess I forgot how much it weighed. The part number for the 15lb one is pc680 and the 24lbs one is pc925. If you get the smaller 15 lbs one you will probably need to make something to hold it down cause its like 1/3 of the size of the stock one. The 24 lb one is smaller than stock, but I just have it resting in there with no hold down and it has been great so far, but would'nt pass a thourough track inspection without a hold down....but any tracks I go to don't even look under your hood.

Last edited by markymark; 08-23-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-23-2005 | 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markymark
The 22lbs batter I refer to having is an Oddyssey battery, they also make a lighter one which is 15 lbs and I have heard of people running them on daily drivers without problems. I went with the 22lb one because it has a little more cranking amps and I also have an ASP underdrive pulley so it puts a little more strain on the battery. The stock battery weighs around 35lbs and the optima redtop I previously had in weighed 40lbs. Here is a link to the battery.... http://www.batteryweb.com/odyssey.cfm

Actually after looking at the site it is actually 24lbs, I guess I forgot how much it weighed. The part number for the 15lb one is pc680 and the 24lbs one is pc925. If you get the smaller 15 lbs one you will probably need to make something to hold it down cause its like 1/3 of the size of the stock one. The 24 lb one is smaller than stock, but I just have it resting in there with no hold down and it has been great so far, but would'nt pass a thourough track inspection without a hold down....but any tracks I go to don't even look under your hood.
Thanks for the link!

is 280cca enough for these cars? how much does the stock put out?

You still saved 11pds and got a good battery good job!
Old 08-24-2005 | 03:52 AM
hashtagBMW

IN the time it takes ur *** to loose weight you could boost your hp to compensate for 6oo lbs. Unless you want a 9s car then dont strip
Old 08-24-2005 | 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

true....but strip things not needed plus boost....