Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my bullets on long tubes.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Old Drag Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a feeling that once you get the new motor you will be swapping mufflers

Yee thinks it's gonna be a tad loud/obnoxious, huh??? I do. I'll cross that bridge once I get there but consider that we drove the car around for a couple of months with open headers before installing the bullets. Now that was loud/obnoxious as Hell. I have to admit that the mufflers you're running are amazingly quiet. Good job on the install too. Very clean and great ground clearance. I'm sure you will but you ought to try running mufflers and then removing them to see what, if any, performance is gained from open headers or open header w/extensions. The next time I dyno my car (with the 408) I'm going armed with extensions so they car be factored in the dyno tune.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Teching In

My only question is did you weld them straight to the headers or add just a few inches of pipe? The only reason why I ask is cause the drivers side header point towards the door and if you added pipe to one side and not the other would that hurt you for performance? Just askin
Old 05-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Old Drag Racer

My passenger side one is bolted directly to the header via a standard 3" 3 hole flange. The driver's side has a few inches of pipe in place to direct the muffler towards the back of the car. As I mentioned, I saw no performance difference from the headers being open vs the mufflers being bolted in place so I cannot imagine having an extra few inches of pipe on one side vs the other is hurting me. Maybe once I try some 15" extensions of exactly the same length I'll be able to better judge whether or not the extra piping on the driver's side hurt me. I understand that it seems like having them different lengths would hurt but that's apparently in the laboratory and not at the track. I'm thinking that they're so free flowing that it just doesn't matter. They flow just like an open header. Like I said, I'll try just some extensions on the next time I hit the track to see if having something the exact same length on both sides makes a difference or not.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just ordered a second bullet today. Good bye y-pipe. Should I flatten the passenger side too??? Just in case it affects the tone coming out of each header?