Wheelie bars and front end limiters

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006 | 03:53 PM
Teching In

Can someone post install pics of front end limiters? Thanks
Old 03-03-2006 | 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Yes I do. They have to be welded onto the car. Can you weld Jonnie???

Hey Brian, how much for a set? Also, I still have a set of ur save ur *** bars that I bought when you first made them, but still haven't gotten a kmember. Any chance you could make a set to use with a stock kmember that I could pick up off ya and throw on there till I get one?
Old 03-03-2006 | 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
Well I got the car to the track and needless to say I need some wheelie bars and front end limiters. Im spraying out the hole and hooking pretty good and im lifting the front about 2 feet off the foot break (I have a trans break but I also have a stonk 10 bolt ) My problem is when the car comes down from the launch it tends to spin because of the weight transfer from the rear. Does this sound right because its the only thing I can think of why the car is spinning when it comes down. The car is just coming up too easy on the nitrous on my best pass to date I launched the car it came up about 2 feet when it came down the tires spun so i let out and then pegged it again and the front came up about 4-8" and when it came down from that hieght it didnt spin and I just stayed in it the whole run. Basically I want to know what you all think I should do and If the limiters and wheelie bars are the way to go whose should I go with? Im going with a billingsley fab rear and will have him weld the wheelie bar brackets on the rear. Any pics would also help alot. Thanks guys
Joe
How do you have a 10 bolt in this car? I was thinking of going with aftermarket axels and a spool but everyone says the ring gear wont hold in a 10 bolt. I have a 12 bolt with 33 spline axels and a eaton posi and I dont think it's gonna hold up to 5800 clutch dumps. I also have a 10 bolt that I snapped a axel on and would be a good rear to put a spool into but with spray I will be around 650+ rwhp and over 700rwtq.
Old 03-03-2006 | 10:23 PM
9 Second Club

You can also get a set of "Save Your ***" bars for the front for insurance.
Yeah madman like others have asked how much are those things? I just saw them on nexts' photo updates page and i was thinking to myself "Why the **** hasn't anyone thought of THAT earlier"..... I gotta hand it to you man you do come up with some cool ****.... Soon as I find out i'ma get on the phone and give you a call.....

Also is the price for a manual rack on your website still an accurate price??? I'm gonna be getting one of those for my slow LT1
Old 03-04-2006 | 12:09 AM
Restricted User

Sounds like a GP for Madmans SYAB's? I'd be in, not sure I need them yet, but I know it'll only take one time hooking on the 28's/transbrake/300shot and the front will be a hurtin!
Old 03-04-2006 | 07:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The SYABs run $99.99 plus freight. If you need them call Thunder racing and ask for me.

225-343-9029
Old 03-04-2006 | 03:36 PM
9 Second Club

Sweet.... They weld on there right???? So are the manual racks still like $650?????
Old 03-05-2006 | 12:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Sweet.... They weld on there right???? So are the manual racks still like $650?????
No man they don't weld on, you remove the back bolt of your K member and they have like a cup they your k member sits in on the front, and he sends a hose clamp to hold it on, doesn't seem like it would work well, but works fine takes about 10 minutes to put on, they come un painted, so i took and sanded, primed and painted mine
Old 03-05-2006 | 04:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I didnt see the reason to paint them for the simple reason they are an expendable item. kinda like tires.

225-343-9029
Old 03-05-2006 | 10:37 PM
Restricted User

Do the SYAB's fit all tubular K Members? I have a PA Racing one, would like to get the SYAB's, just in case you know
Old 03-06-2006 | 12:03 AM
9 Second Club

No man they don't weld on, you remove the back bolt of your K member and they have like a cup they your k member sits in on the front, and he sends a hose clamp to hold it on, doesn't seem like it would work well, but works fine takes about 10 minutes to put on, they come un painted, so i took and sanded, primed and painted mine
**** even better!!!! Glad I don't have to get someone to weld them on then!!!! Screw the paint madman, we don't care. just keep making parts to save oil pans and headers and we'll be happy.... Now if you can make something that will take scrape marks out of rear bumpers we'll all be happy... Or license plates that fold in two and then unfold when you're done with your wheelstand that'd also be great....
Old 03-06-2006 | 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do these work with the stock K-Member?

Quick Reply: Wheelie bars and front end limiters