Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of adjustments too make.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What kind of adjustments too make.....

Take a look at these pics, first one in middle on top row is of the first round where I spun a little, she twisted really bad, second one in middle of second row is second round where she hooked dead nuts, but you can see she's still twisting right a little. What kind of adjustments should I make too get her to not twist like that, which way would I adjust the swaybar to compensate or should I add a click or two to the right rear shock?

http://www.drivelinestudios.com/nbnapril/
Old 04-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Banned

what swaybar is on it?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
what swaybar is on it?
BMR Extreme Duty
Old 04-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Banned

you could probably tighten up that other shock, or preload the swaybar a little. i would highly suggest a Wolfe Swaybar though for your setup. from the ETs in your sig i'd say the wolfe would help a ton. probably knock some out of the 60' not to mention stabilize the car going down the track.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Darren have you scaled the car??

225-343-9029
Old 04-27-2006, 06:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Devon have you scaled the car??
No I haven't, I don't know anyone local that does that and I don't have the scales to do it. You know anyone down this way?
Old 04-27-2006, 06:50 AM
TECH Junkie

you could probably tighten up that other shock, or preload the swaybar a little. i would highly suggest a Wolfe Swaybar though for your setup. from the ETs in your sig i'd say the wolfe would help a ton. probably knock some out of the 60' not to mention stabilize the car going down the track.
I was thinking about getting the wolfe when I originally bought the swaybar, but I was told that the wolfe could break if I street drive the car b/c it's too stiff, and I street drive the car all the time, so I went the the BMR extreme cuz from what i've seen, it's held to some nasty 60's.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Wolfe is one of the best but the BMR will work. As for scaling any competent chassis shop should be able to scale the car. Get it scaled and the car will go straight and not roll over.

225-343-9029
Old 04-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Banned

the only thing you have to do with the wolfe bar is avoid having the car in akward positions where the chasis is twisting. i know TONS of people who street drive their wolfe bar'd car, myself included.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MADMAN
The Wolfe is one of the best but the BMR will work. As for scaling any competent chassis shop should be able to scale the car. Get it scaled and the car will go straight and not roll over.
Alright cool, thanks Brian
Old 04-27-2006, 07:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
No I haven't, I don't know anyone local that does that and I don't have the scales to do it. You know anyone down this way?
Knowing about the poor track prep - there's your main setup reason for not being able to hook at Moroso.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by next
Knowing about the poor track prep - there's your main setup reason for not being able to hook at Moroso.
You think so? It's makes that much of a diff?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes .
Old 04-27-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by next
Yes .
Guess i'll have to find someone that can do it, I just hate lettin anyone work on my car, unless it's someone that I know for a fact knows what they're doin, that's why I work on the car myself, I was screwed too many times back in the day before I really got into racing her and I don't want that too happen again!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

the only thing you have to do with the wolfe bar is avoid having the car in akward positions where the chasis is twisting. i know TONS of people who street drive their wolfe bar'd car, myself included.
It can also be unhooked right?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Banned

yes, just unhook the rod ends and drive that hoe daily. Scott had his unhooked when i first meet him and he was driving it all over the place. i didn't know until then that you could unhook it.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:56 PM
10 Second Club

He has a 1.3 60' time. I really doubt changing to the wolfe would make a big difference. I have the same bmr bar and my car doesn't twist at all.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redline2k
He has a 1.3 60' time. I really doubt changing to the wolfe would make a big difference. I have the same bmr bar and my car doesn't twist at all.
Hey dude, i've never adjusted the bar, i'm assuming if the right side of the car is sittin down lower than the left upon launch that I should lengthen the right side endlink on the bar to compensate, correct? After loosening the jam nuts, which way do I turn the adjuster to lenghten it, clockwise or counterclockwise?

You said ur car doesn't twist at all, did you have to preload the passenger side?
Old 04-29-2006, 06:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Hey dude, i've never adjusted the bar, i'm assuming if the right side of the car is sittin down lower than the left upon launch that I should lengthen the right side endlink on the bar to compensate, correct? After loosening the jam nuts, which way do I turn the adjuster to lenghten it, clockwise or counterclockwise?

You said ur car doesn't twist at all, did you have to preload the passenger side?

My sway bar is setup with no preload. The perosn who set my car up thinks your posi could be the cause if it is weaker to one side, or one of your control arms could be slightly longer than the other, but if you want to preload the bar make the driverside shorter. I hope that helps.

Here is a couple of videos of mine launching:

http://redlineperformance.biz/fundaydec05.wmv

http://www.redlineperformance.biz/wheelie.wmv

Last edited by redline2k; 04-29-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redline2k
My sway bar is setup with no preload. The perosn who set my car up thinks your posi could be the cause if it is weaker to one side, or one of your control arms could be slightly longer than the other, but if you want to preload the bar make the driverside shorter. I hope that helps.

Here is a couple of videos of mine launching:

http://redlineperformance.biz/fundaydec05.wmv

http://www.redlineperformance.biz/wheelie.wmv
Well i'm sure it's probably the posi that's causin her to treck left and i'm gonna get a spool asap, but could it cause her to twist? It's weird too, cuz sometimes she'll twist (usually only if she spins) and other times the fronts will come up even, but then in that one pic you can see that even though the front is even, the rear is still twisted, so i'm not sure what's up. Here's another still shot and video, she looks straight from the front, but no back shot too see if she's straight back there.

http://www.mattz28.com/Devon1.wmv
Attached Thumbnails What kind of adjustments too make.....-devon1.jpg