Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car hooks then unloads

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe i am mistaken on what the r series are then, i thought that the r series were adjustable rebound and firm compression, and that the f series were adjustable the same amount both ways?? are the r series not ajustable at all????????

either way i think i am going to call and adjust my order tommorrow before they ship out. i think i want to run the f series in the back.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

the ri series are a set comression, and adjustable extension, the f series are 12 way, and adjust compressiona and rebound together.

I went with the R series fronts because this way if I ever ahve the nose come up a little too far, it will help soften the landing, and I think it will help keep the weight transferred on the rear tires.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the reply, i called speed inc this morning though and they said that hal doesnt make a rear r series. and the setup i got is the r's in the front and f's in the back like your car does. thanks for the help.

by the way, big props to speed inc for a speedy shipment, i ordered them online at about 5 pm on saturday and callled them today at 9am when they opened and they had already been shipped.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by cablebandit
move IC forward some
Too much anti squat. You are planting the tires for the first part of your launch, but as the chassis settles, the suspension unloads. If you lowered your LCA's try moving them back.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok, went to the track last weekend with the qa1's on and after a little adjusting got them working great. i went friday and saturday, friday was just test and tune so track was horrible, they worked best at 5 in the back and 1 in the front, saturday night i bumped them up to 6 in the back and raised the tire pressure 4 lbs and pulled a 1.56 60ft. i am getting it tuned monday night so i think i might have some left in it.

Quick Reply: car hooks then unloads