Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions About 29.5x10.5ws

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Mike
I am stock suspeneded! All mounts are in factory locations!

Hmm that's interesting..I didnt' think you could narrow that rearend that much without running into the lower control arm mount. Or did you just move the outside mount in a little?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stressfulcar
...I will also be doing the mandatory adjustable spring mount and offset lca's....
whats a offset LCA look like?
i can imagine it would be a LCA with a bend in it to clear the tire and meet the factory floorpan rear LCA mount, but ive never seen or heard of one.
have any pics?? id imagine it would have to be pretty beefy to keep from flexing, right?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Mike, are your LCA's in the stock brackets? I am surprised that you can fit 12's with the stock lca's mounting points.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
whats a offset LCA look like?
i can imagine it would be a LCA with a bend in it to clear the tire and meet the factory floorpan rear LCA mount, but ive never seen or heard of one.
have any pics?? id imagine it would have to be pretty beefy to keep from flexing, right?

It's not a bent piece. Instead of mounting it square in the middle of the mounts a spacer is used to move it towards the inside of the car therefore freeing up an inch or two of space
Old 06-22-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Mike, are your LCA's in the stock brackets? I am surprised that you can fit 12's with the stock lca's mounting points.

Yes they are Johnny boy! You can see it better in this pic...

Old 06-22-2006, 09:24 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Can't see squat... hehe. So the front part of the LCA is bolted to the outside if the mounting bracket?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Can't see squat... hehe. So the front part of the LCA is bolted to the outside if the mounting bracket?

Old 06-22-2006, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So you then inturn moved the rearend mounts over to accomodate? or does the lower control arm just runn on an angle? excuse me if I seem a bit confused here
Old 06-22-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Carbed4thGen
So you then inturn moved the rearend mounts over to accomodate? or does the lower control arm just runn on an angle? excuse me if I seem a bit confused here

The rear end mounts for the LCA are obviously moved because the rear is shortened. The LCA do run on a slight angle off the rear to the body mount if you can see in the picture.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The rear end mounts for the LCA are obviously moved because the rear is shortened. The LCA do run on a slight angle off the rear to the body mount if you can see in the picture.

Ok it's all understood now haha thanx
Old 06-22-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Big mike, are those mounting provisions for a 4 link on that rear, just not being used obviously. that's a super trick setup you've go there!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DAPSUPRSLO
Big mike, are those mounting provisions for a 4 link on that rear, just not being used obviously. that's a super trick setup you've go there!!!

I think those are for wheelie bars cause if I'm doing this correctly the 4-link brackets should face the other way
Old 06-22-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not a bent piece. Instead of mounting it square in the middle of the mounts a spacer is used to move it towards the inside of the car therefore freeing up an inch or two of space
ahhh.. i see said the blind man... that makes sense. thanks.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Veteran

I think those are for wheelie bars cause if I'm doing this correctly the 4-link brackets should face the other way

Correct, those mounts are for the wheelie bars!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

looking through the pics of mikes car, I dont see any of the lower arms..anyway though, they are in the stock front mounts, offset to the inside of the car..they are in the factory mount ... and like he said the mounts on the rear were obviously moved in.. I just noticed, you can actually see in the pic he posted that the arms are in the factory mounts, just offest all the way to the inside...

jay
Old 06-22-2006, 11:04 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by NRC-Motorsports
looking through the pics of mikes car, I dont see any of the lower arms..anyway though, they are in the stock front mounts, offset to the inside of the car..they are in the factory mount ... and like he said the mounts on the rear were obviously moved in.. I just noticed, you can actually see in the pic he posted that the arms are in the factory mounts, just offest all the way to the inside...
I could see this being contested as a stock suspension setup. Granted, moving the LCAs in doesn't affect how the car hooks (other than the fact that you can fit a fatter tire), but some people (i.e. those w/ slower cars) just need a reason to bitch.

I debated on moving mine to the inside of the frame. I didn't want to get any flack in the S/S classes, so I went w/ a .25" spacer and moved my control arm as far in as I could.

Nice rear btw (not often I say that to another guy )
Old 06-22-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ha ha, good point. Woops on my part
Old 06-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Moser told me..that leaving EVERYTHING in the "stock" location...All you can narrow is 3.5" per side....I don't think I can fit a 12" wheel and keep it "as tucked" as the 10" wheel.

So...what you are saying Big MIke...is that if you were to measure from the center of the pinion to the inside edge of the closest lca bracket...It would be less than the measurement on a "stock width" rearend...right?

This is pretty much the same set-up Big Rick and Wormboy have on their cars (in texas) I think.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jshiver

So...what you are saying Big MIke...is that if you were to measure from the center of the pinion to the inside edge of the closest lca bracket...It would be less than the measurement on a "stock width" rearend...right?

This is pretty much the same set-up Big Rick and Wormboy have on their cars (in texas) I think.

yes ....
Old 06-22-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mongse
I could see this being contested as a stock suspension setup. Granted, moving the LCAs in doesn't affect how the car hooks (other than the fact that you can fit a fatter tire), but some people (i.e. those w/ slower cars) just need a reason to bitch.

I debated on moving mine to the inside of the frame. I didn't want to get any flack in the S/S classes, so I went w/ a .25" spacer and moved my control arm as far in as I could.

Nice rear btw (not often I say that to another guy )

fyi, mikes arms are in the factory mounts and offset to the inside..there not on the inside of the frame also, none of the stock suspended classes in any organization i've seen say you cant move the mounts on the rear end. inward for tire clearance..

jay

Quick Reply: Questions About 29.5x10.5ws