Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of 315/60/15 MT DR's with mini-tubs

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is a mini tub required to fit that tire? I have a rear that is narowed 3" per a side, and I run a race rim that is 5" bs, and there is plenty of room. My street rim has 4" bs, and the bulge of the tire barely sticks out. 4 1/2" would be perfect. Just wondering if I needed a mini with that tire on a 4" bs or 4 1/2"? Thanks.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMuscle
so you built a tubular front end or did you just tie the tubing into the origianl towers like most guys do, if not I need to see some pics of that

-thanks,
-john
here is a pic of the front of my car. im not sure how much weight it saved but it sure does make it easy to work on. the only downfall is i cant put my tools there anymore.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Black Sunshine/ 00SS
Is a mini tub required to fit that tire? I have a rear that is narowed 3" per a side, and I run a race rim that is 5" bs, and there is plenty of room. My street rim has 4" bs, and the bulge of the tire barely sticks out. 4 1/2" would be perfect. Just wondering if I needed a mini with that tire on a 4" bs or 4 1/2"? Thanks.

i believe Brady fit that size tire on a stock width axle, 15/10 prostar w/ 7.5" backspacing W/O minitubbing, only some slight cutting and the BFH to the inside of the wheelwell

9sec93, your car is awesome! that front area is very interesting
Old 08-29-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9sec93
here is a pic of the front of my car. im not sure how much weight it saved but it sure does make it easy to work on. the only downfall is i cant put my tools there anymore.

Thats Friggin awesome, looks like im gonna have to talk with the chassis shop again in the morning

Do you think regular street driving would have any adverse effects on a tubular front end such as that over time??

Very Cool,

-john
Old 08-29-2006, 04:47 PM
8 Second Club

i wouldnt think so. i plan on driving it on the street quite a bit. if its good enough for a race car i would think it would be good enough to cruise around the street on. i would think that the steel tubing would be as good as the sheetmetal (although pretty thick) strut tower especially since it ties into the bars coming down from the a-pillars. it is more triangulated than the strut tower attached to the thin firewall.

Quick Reply: Pics of 315/60/15 MT DR's with mini-tubs