Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with 25.5 Cert

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 03:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I think Stenod has the fix. There will be a lot of cutting but Joe has come up with a reasonable solution to the problem. This is the reason most of us chassis builders talk to each other on the phone to hash out problems and interpretations of the specs.

225-343-9029
Old 08-22-2006, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Dave@KTS,
I am not part of this deal in anyway other then to help Tom with his question. I do understand you had part in this cage work, but this thread is not in anyway directed at you, your company, or skinny kid's. Tom has just asked a question and he has gotten level headed response on how to resolve his problems. I think you are taking Tom’s post as a personal attack and if you read what was written it was just his way of getting outside views of how to solve his problem and its NOT about you or your work.

I do understand you are upset about this or that and have every right to defend your company and its practices. But to be honest, the way you are representing your company in the few posts I have seen, I would shy away from ever doing business with you. Tom may feel the same way, that’s his right to look for outside venues to fix his problem. For you to go on every thread that’s made on this subject and make it a Tom VS. KTS battle is just wrong so please stop.
I understand your concern. You did not see how Tom originally worded
his first thread. I am simply pointing out what the truth is. How is protecting
my rep wrong? Once again I have offered to fix the problem. I really dont
see how that should be a problem.

Dave K
Old 08-22-2006, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MADMAN
I think Stenod has the fix. There will be a lot of cutting but Joe has come up with a reasonable solution to the problem. This is the reason most of us chassis builders talk to each other on the phone to hash out problems and interpretations of the specs.
I talk with alot of chassis builders. I have never had a car fail cert
that we have finished. There is not a lot of cutting. I have been
doing this for ma long time Mr. Madman. I'm not a bad guy here.

Dave K
Old 08-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Thank you all for your suggestions! I just want it to be right and I appreciate the support.

Tom
Old 08-22-2006, 04:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave@KTS
I understand your concern. You did not see how Tom originally worded
his first thread. I am simply pointing out what the truth is. How is protecting
my rep wrong? Once again I have offered to fix the problem. I really dont
see how that should be a problem.

Dave K

Dave,
I did see his post and even if it was wrong, this thread is not that one

Defending your work should never be a problem, but as I stated, this was thread was not directed AT your company. I have seen pictures of your companies work and it has always seemed great work.

In no way am I condoning Tom or your actions, but personally I have gotten into a deal that 75% of the way through I just wanted it done with and the company or person I had working on it was not getting it done, sometimes the money did not matter and was willing to double spend to get what I wanted done, even if it was with someone else. AND I am sure at times I have been in a deal with someone where they felt the same way about me and they just wanted to get my car or parts our of there sight. It happens, no biggie!

We all learn and today’s lesson is this:

When you do a cage for a customer or have a cage done by a fabricator, make sure it pass cert before it leaves the building!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 04:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I talk with alot of chassis builders. I have never had a car fail cert
that we have finished. There is not a lot of cutting. I have been
doing this for ma long time Mr. Madman. I'm not a bad guy here.

Dave K

Dave this was in no way pointed at you, but if you want to take it that way fine. I was giving technical advice not pointing fingers. You on the other hand have an extremely guilty conscience for some one who isnt a bad guy. The best thing for you is to back off. The problem has been rectified.

225-343-9029
Old 08-22-2006, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Dave,
I did see his post and even if it was wrong, this thread is not that one

Defending your work should never be a problem, but as I stated, this was thread was not directed AT your company. I have seen pictures of your companies work and it has always seemed great work.

In no way am I condoning Tom or your actions, but personally I have gotten into a deal that 75% of the way through I just wanted it done with and the company or person I had working on it was not getting it done, sometimes the money did not matter and was willing to double spend to get what I wanted done, even if it was with someone else. AND I am sure at times I have been in a deal with someone where they felt the same way about me and they just wanted to get my car or parts our of there sight. It happens, no biggie!

We all learn and today’s lesson is this:

When you do a cage for a customer or have a cage done by a fabricator, make sure it pass cert before it leaves the building!!!
I agree! I would still fix the problem for Keith and I talked it over.
Tom has personal issues with me that will never see it that way.
Thats fine. I am just asking for the cheap shots to go away.
It is unfair, It is wrong and is a personal attack against my family
for this is bread and butter.

Dave K
Old 08-22-2006, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Dave this was in no way pointed at you, but if you want to take it that way fine. I was giving technical advice not pointing fingers. You on the other hand have an extremely guilty conscience for some one who isnt a bad guy. The best thing for you is to back off. The problem has been rectified.
A guilty conscience? My whole reason for replying was about the comment
made last night about Keith saying that he was not impressed with the cage work. The comment was false and I was simply pointing that out. I dont know you sir or do I have anything against you, But if you feel that the comment carried no damage then you are mistaking. It was shown to Keith at Skinny Kid as well and he was very upset about it also. Once again I have the
right to correct this bad comment. Sorry you feel differently.

Dave K
Old 08-22-2006, 05:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Yes Dave you had that right, in the other thread. THIS thread had nothing to do with you. NO WHERE were you or your shop brought up. A comment was made in the other thread and it was deleted. The responses you have posted isnt helping you at all.

225-343-9029
Old 08-22-2006, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Yes Dave you had that right, in the other thread. THIS thread had nothing to do with you. NO WHERE were you or your shop brought up. A comment was made in the other thread and it was deleted. The responses you have posted isnt helping you at all.
The other thread had been LOCKED!!!!
Thats not so hard to understand. Sorry if some of you see my defense
as threatening but I cannot let KTS and my buddy Keith at Skinny Kids
used in a false sence. This is enough. Sorry once again.

Dave K
Old 08-22-2006, 09:39 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Speaking as a moderator, everyone needs to take a chill pill. Dave, you have Tom's number. I'd suggest calling him and sorting out your personal / business issues with him directly. This is no longer the place for the bickering and badgering to go back and forth. The shoulda, woulda, coulda is not going to help Tom's current situation. If you have a suggestion to rectify the issue, call him.

When something doesn't go as planned, emotions flare and things get blown out of proportion. The impersonal nature of posting makes it worse. That being the case, if you have something to respond to in the context of Tom's original post feel free to contribute. Otherwise, take it offline because it is not helping with the situation.

Regards,
Steve
Old 08-22-2006, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DERTY
Speaking as a moderator, everyone needs to take a chill pill. Dave, you have Tom's number. I'd suggest calling him and sorting out your personal / business issues with him directly. This is no longer the place for the bickering and badgering to go back and forth. The shoulda, woulda, coulda is not going to help Tom's current situation. If you have a suggestion to rectify the issue, call him.

When something doesn't go as planned, emotions flare and things get blown out of proportion. The impersonal nature of posting makes it worse. That being the case, if you have something to respond to in the context of Tom's original post feel free to contribute. Otherwise, take it offline because it is not helping with the situation.

Regards,
Steve
It was ended post #30. I apoligized.

Dave
Old 08-23-2006, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Default Big mistake!!!

Last time to say very sorry for butting in on this thread to attack Tom.
First time I behaved in this manner on here. Please grant me a mulligan on
this one guys! I've PM'd Tom to say sorry.

Dave K

Last edited by Dave@KTS; 08-28-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:45 PM
8 Second Club

Last time to say very sorry for butting in on this thread to attack Tom.
First time I behaved in this manner on here. Please grant me a mulligan on
this one guys! I'm honestly not a Dick Head. I've PM'd Tom to say sorry.

Dave K
I wouldn't worry about it...I just read the thread and have nothing to do with the situation so I think I'm not biased and you were just trying stick up for yourself...can't knock that.

I'm sure things will work out hope to see Tom's car out on the 2nd.

Quick Reply: Help with 25.5 Cert