Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transbrake - Proper use.....???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on my old car i had the T-brake on the right side of the wheel and the line lock on the left side. i like having the t-brake on the right so i have both hands on the wheel when i leave the line. plus i used an elec shifter so i had no need to have my hand on the shifter.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Woops I have the t'brake button in my right hand.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Lol!
Old 10-08-2006, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
hehe, as long as it's your t brake and not someone else's, it's OK John.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha

John, i just haven't had a chance to actually USE the t.b. yet. I put it off to the side. Where did you get your button a chord? I was looking at home depot, lowe's, autozone, parts america, radio shack, etc... and no one had anything. so I made my own little "holder" that's easy to grip the momentary button.

I know it should be off the shifter cause i already have issues with bumping the shifter to 2nd at the launch off the footbrake.

I was just asking so I didn't do anything to HURT something by going right off the converter.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:39 AM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DanZ28
No delay box for me. Wiring goes straight off my Cheetah shifter to a relay, then to the Rossler T-brake. Think I should wire it direct and take out the relay? Not sure if it's not de-energizing or the solenoid is sticking or what. I have a Synergy 2-step I had when i was a M6 I was going to wire in, but thought the T-brake pretty much did the same thing unless you wanted to launch lower than your stall.
the rossler solenoid clicks off and on fine when not using the brake, when its in use it has the "sticking" tendency, the more i read the more i want to moev my button to a hand held or steering wheel, if you do the the synergy 2 step id love to check out how you set it up, i might be setting one of these up soon, where in the bay are you located? im in san jose.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

I have something like 10330 here:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegoryId=20959
Old 10-09-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that where you got it? that 10331 was what i was trying to find, but NO ONE had anything even remotely close. i'll have to use what i have for now and clean it up sometime near future
Old 10-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Banned

We have the TB button mounted on a bracket on the steering wheel (Left hand side). Its great to launch the car, kind of sucks putting the car in reverse and steering, but I'd rather have it at the best location to drop the hammer, who cares about reverse?
Old 10-30-2006, 03:26 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

I wanted to put in another vote for getting a 2 step. Much more consistant, plus you can raise or lower the chip depending on the track. My slow car would launch best at ~5000, but when I went to the crappy in Ind. I would chip it down to 4000 just to stop spinning.

1 trick I did with my slow car was to use a 2 pole switch on the dash with 1 red light and 1 green lite. I had a switch on the shifter, running thru it, 1 pole to brake & 1 to line lock. When the green lite was on the button was on brake (as in go). When the red lite was on, 1 pole went to line lock (as in stop). That way I only needed 1 switch, and had nothing loose or hanging.

My fast car has both switch's on the wheel, I really wanted to have both hands on wheel when I launched.

I personally launch a little different than some people. I clear carbs, stage, set brake, release button at flash, floor it on 2nd bulb & hang on. I am not a big fan of being on the brake for 5-10 seconds. It sounds like a lot of things happening at once, but it seems to work. Good luck.

For reverse, I added a toggle to my overhead panel, with an idiot lite,
wired directly to the brake.

Last edited by mrdragster1970; 10-30-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lm7
the rossler solenoid clicks off and on fine when not using the brake, when its in use it has the "sticking" tendency, the more i read the more i want to moev my button to a hand held or steering wheel, if you do the the synergy 2 step id love to check out how you set it up, i might be setting one of these up soon, where in the bay are you located? im in san jose.
Sorry, lost track of this thread. I am in Union City, so not to far from Synergy. I have the 2-step now, just need to get it re-flashed for the T-brake setup and move the wires to the button I'm going to use. Just shoot me a PM if you want to check it out.

Dan

Quick Reply: Transbrake - Proper use.....???