Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me drop 2/10ths and get my 11sec pass.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me drop 2/10ths and get my 11sec pass.

First up my setup consists of Mac midlength headers, ORY, into a stock catback with a cutout, FAST 90/ NW90, TSP lid, TR224, stock front suspension, BMR adjustable t/a located off the transmission, UMI rod ended LCA's, CE rear shocks set at 50/50, UMI SFCs, 16x8 stocker rims with 26x11.5 et streets and 15x3.5 prostars up front. Car is a six speed with textralia clutch and pro 5.0 shifter. Car has been tuned but not with the fast 90 setup yet. Car is also gutted. All passes were made at Milan dragway.

Best pass a few weeks ago looked like this:

60 ft 1.7430
330ft 5.0759
1/8th ET 7.81
1/8th MPH 90.20
1k ET 10.1710
1k MPH 103.91
1/4ET 12.1459
1/4MPH 114.55

This was done with launching the car off the limiter (6400rpm) and tire PSI at 16. The launch had a slight bog but other than that no problems. I added 2 psi to the tires to get rid of the bog which resulted in my best MPH 115.0 and got rid of the bog, the only problem was this happened later in the evening after the sun went down and the track went away. That resulted in a 1.75x sixty foot.

My best sixty foot was achieved earlier in the day with my psi at 16 launching like I mentioned before. This resulted in a slight bog but the sixty foot was 1.71.

I think I'm on to something with th 18psi as my MPH jumped up and the bog went away, I just need to try it when the track is there. Anyway could anyone help me out? I would like to get this setup into the 11's before the season comes to an end as over winter I am completely switching it up IE bigger cam, kooks headers, true duals, tubular K and A arms, qa1's all around, etc.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe try completely getting rid of the stock cat back from where the cutout is? i dunno, a little juice will get ya movin also try bringin down the revs off the line
Old 10-23-2006, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Car has n2o on it already, I'm trying to get it into the 11's on motor. As for bringing the r's down, I have tried different launching points and really any lower than 6k and it will bog.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Considered dropping the PSI to 12 ish, then doing a heck of a burn out and launch off the limiter again and see how that goes?
Old 10-23-2006, 05:21 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I add a 3" V-band clamp to drop the cat-back for track use. It drops about 40#s in less than 2 minutes. If you don't have an UD pulley that would help also. Run a single race seat and do the short belt mod bypassing the power steering. Run the front tires at 35 psi. If you don't have a cold air kit get one. It's a worth while mod IMO. I have used the SSRA and would recommend it. I have since gone with a home made dual 4" air induction set up. These mods and better dry/cool air you'll be there.

Good luck!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
Yeah I add a 3" V-band clamp to drop the cat-back for track use. It drops about 40#s in less than 2 minutes. If you don't have an UD pulley that would help also. Run a single race seat and do the short belt mod bypassing the power steering. Run the front tires at 35 psi. If you don't have a cold air kit get one. It's a worth while mod IMO. I have used the SSRA and would recommend it. I have since gone with a home made dual 4" air induction set up. These mods and better dry/cool air you'll be there.

Good luck!!!
well he covered all of it
Old 10-23-2006, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

Good luck!!!
I have Kooks and true duals already for the car so I'm just going to hack the catback off and run open Y. I will shortbelt the car for the track and pump the front runners up a little more. Last time out they were at 27psi, this time I'll have em at 35ish. Right now I have manual cloth seats in the car and thats about it for interior, I'll drop the passenger seat out of the car. I'm going to look into setting up some sort of cold air setup as well. Actually what do you guys think of removing the air filter and running like a panty hose or something like that over the lid? (Obviously just for the track)
Old 10-23-2006, 07:29 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would save the air filter delete mod for an absolute last resort like when you hit 12.02 or something close. It's just not worth the risk IMO and when you pull the filter, you lose the lid seal which may also be counter productive.

Here's the clamps I use. Summit sells the flange and clamps. They are kinda pricey, but are very simple to drop the exhaust and last forever.

PS bypass=.03
Seat ! =.03
Catback=.03
SSRA= .10

Floor mats, rear trunk shocks, empty washer fluid and run the rear slicks as high as the 60fts will allow. Also pull the A/C belt off. Every little bit helps.

A little better air and you'll be there.

I'll let my old SSRA go for $55.00 shipped. It ain't real pretty, but it's effective for sure. It needs epoxied at the seams, but it's a hidden power adder and they are made of plastic so it's repairable as long as you don't shatter it on a curb.lol. I recommend adding the lower section for track use only and pull it off for daily driving. It's a quick swap.

Good luck!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would save the air filter delete mod for an absolute last resort like when you hit 12.02 or something close. It's just not worth the risk IMO and when you pull the filter, you lose the lid seal which may also be counter productive.

Here's the clamps I use. Summit sells the flange and clamps. They are kinda pricey, but are very simple to drop the exhaust and last forever.

PS bypass=.03
Seat ! =.03
Catback=.03
SSRA= .10

Floor mats, rear trunk shocks, empty washer fluid and run the rear slicks as high as the 60fts will allow. Also pull the A/C belt off. Every little bit helps.

A little better air and you'll be there.

I'll let my old SSRA go for $55.00 shipped. It ain't real pretty, but it's effective for sure. It needs epoxied at the seams, but it's a hidden power adder and they are made of plastic so it's repairable as long as you don't shatter it on a curb.lol. I recommend adding the lower section for track use only and pull it off for daily driving. It's a quick swap.

Good luck!
i have the same setup with the v-bands on my car
Old 10-24-2006, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

I appreciate the help, hopefully with the added weightloss, shortbelt, SSRA (thanks TXCAM) and better weather my bucket is able to pull off an 11sec pass.