Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

triple gauge pillar, pics of complete install process.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default triple gauge pillar, pics of complete install process.

first my car is a 2002 trans am ws6. i bought my tiplar gauge pillar from auto meter. it was $36. i bought my gauges from auto meter also. they are the phantom series gauges. air/fuel ratio, trans temp, and a boost gauge. i do not have my turbo yet, but i am getting one in the future so i thought i would go ahead and buy the gauge. the guages were $200.

we did the entire install in one afternoon. with a slight rain delay. i thought i would take pics in case anybody was curious about the whole process. and maybe i will save somebody some time and effort.

first i have to thank my freind Aaron. he did 99% of the work. i suck with electronics.

the first pic. is of the pillar and the guages.

this pic shows how the triple pillar fits OVER the stock pillar. its a common miss conception that these pillars are direct replacements for the stock pillar. you WILL need yur stock pillar for the new guages. especially if it is a t-top car.

next we took apart all interior pieces in order to run our wires. we drilled a hole through the center console, placed a rubber gromet in the hole so the wires dont rub, and then ran our 2 wires through he hole. one wire for the o2 sensor, and one for the transmission temp. sensor(which we installed in the transmission pan).

here is a pic of us testing our transmission sensor.

this is a pic of the quick disconnect system we installed in case i ever decide to change gauges or need to take them out for some reason.

all in all it was a relatively simple install. and here is a picture of the before and after of what the car looks like with the guages.

well once again i have to thank Aaron for his help. i hope this thread will help somebody.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Banned

Nice write up. I will be refrencing it soon when I do my install. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

thanks. i am also doing a write up with pics, about the whole prostars with backspacing and longer studs issue. send me a pm when you do yur write up and i will read and reply to the thread.

Quick Reply: triple gauge pillar, pics of complete install process.