Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:05 PM
JUICED96Z

I am concerded with the mods part of it, not the racing...
Old 03-24-2007, 04:21 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I am concerded with the mods part of it, not the racing...
Just be careful, wheels and tires, stereo and fancy paint jobs are acceptable mods to mainstream insurance companies. Anything that adds horsepower and alters braking, handling and factory safety items are not..
Old 03-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Since my car is no longer my daily I picked up a collectors car insurance. Its unlimited miles, full coverage including up to 17k if my car is totaled which is well over the value of it right now. However there are some qualifications like it has to be garage kept (had to take a picture to prove it), had to prove that I had another vehicle for daily use (another picture and proof of insurance) and had to do the same thing with my wife's car (pic and insurance), I can only drive it to car shows, and the "occasional" leisurely drive. I pay 279$ for the year. -Mark

Sounds like you have a policy very similar to mine. I have in no ay told them abotu everything I have done and won't. I understand that at the track if I were to wreck it, it's my own deal. I got the policy because I was more concerned about theft or something and wanted to make sure I got my $ worth (I have my car insured for 40K of agreed value) I have asked my primary auto insurance abotu the trailer, the trailer and anything on it is covered by my primary insurance carrier, and the car would be covered for the additional value.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:17 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by kp
Just be careful, wheels and tires, stereo and fancy paint jobs are acceptable mods to mainstream insurance companies. Anything that adds horsepower and alters braking, handling and factory safety items are not..

The only thing missing is the front sway bar, tubular suspension out back.

Lots of things that add hp lol.