Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Pics Of where Cage goes through Firewall..

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Pics Of where Cage goes through Firewall..

Im gona be picking up my car from the chassis shop hopefully this weeknd If i can finish getting my trailer wired up but since the Semester has ran short at the Tech College that is doing the work I need to finish up some of little stuff including the rear X brace and a few other support bars, no biggie. But Im wanting to do the front fender bars that run through the fire wall. So if i can get a few close up pics of exactly where the bars run through the fire wall would be awesome. If I can find access to a bender all the better but im prolly jus going to end up having to Miter the ends in the front of the car.

Thanks guys,

-john
Old 05-04-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The shop that did mine ran them thru the holes where the wire harnesses ran thru on each side of the firewall. I am no longer using those holes as I am redoing my wiring and moving the fusebox inside the car and running all those wires under the fenders (for headlights, parking lights, etc) a lot of the wires will also be deleted.

I am about to go take some pics of the car and I will be sure to take some of the bars thru the firewall.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here you go.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pics, I may jus end up cutting and mitering the bars to follow the same lines you did.

I went and picked up my car yesterday and got to looking at how my guy ran the front firewall bar and its definatley not hugging the firewall. Its maybe 6 or 7 inches out from the firewall so im starting to have concerns of whether or not their will be clearence for the dash and gauge panels.

Quick Reply: Need Pics Of where Cage goes through Firewall..