Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear qa's adapters?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rear qa's adapters?

Do I need to run some type of adapter to make my rear qa1's fit? I went to put them on yestrday and they are about 2-3" to short. I used the bolt they sent with the shock and installed it in the same hole as the stock one but it wont fit. Should I do the hose mod? I have qa1R's in the front with 300lb springs.

I've seen others with little brackets, if so where do I get them? I ordered everything from BMR and they didnt say anything about needing them.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Launching!

you can order them "brackets" from thunderracing.com. make sure you get the ones for the qa1's and not the afco's.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok thanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Launching!

make sure when you are changing out the shocks your car is on the ground or on car ramps. that might be why your shocks are too short.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm. i didnt buy any brackets from thunderracing. I just bought 2 qa1 R's, and 2 300lb springs, and 2 qa1 F's for the back, all from UMI. I havent put them on yet. buy you are saying that I am going to need to buy another bracket from thunderracing in order to put the qa1 F's on the back?
Old 05-07-2007, 03:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by n2ojunkie
Do I need to run some type of adapter to make my rear qa1's fit? I went to put them on yestrday and they are about 2-3" to short. I used the bolt they sent with the shock and installed it in the same hole as the stock one but it wont fit. Should I do the hose mod? I have qa1R's in the front with 300lb springs.

I've seen others with little brackets, if so where do I get them? I ordered everything from BMR and they didnt say anything about needing them.
I put my rear QA1's on yesterday, I ordered the adapters that they carried @ speedinc since thats where I bought them. The salesman @ speedinc said they were a universal shock adapter and I could get them @ NAPA. The # on the package is 7888-108

Its not a bracket either, its basically a bolt with threads ond both ends. One side bolts to the rear end where the factory shock mounted and the eye of the shock slides onto the other end and you put a nut on that end to keep the shock from sliding off.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have the car on 4 jack stands right now it about 2' off the ground. I have the rear jacked upjust enough to take the weight off of it, I changed out the LCA's and I was going to do the shocks when I seen they were too short. I laid them on the floor and theres 2-3" difference between them. I ordered the adapter from thunder along with my mcleod master to go with the twin disk. If I used the parts that came with it, it would of looked like a stock type bolt with the hole in the bottom of the shock going front to rear with the car. with the adapter the shock is turned 90 deg and the hole goes across the car. It does seam less likely to bind in the ark of motion it makes. Oh well Its just $ lol
Old 05-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Launching!

n2ojunkie, you need to preload the suspension. the brackets make it where the shocks are a tthe correct install angle. if you just stab a bolt throught the shock into the stock location it wont pivit right and it will put the shock in a bind and mess up the seals inside the shock. my qa1's are shorter than my stockers and i had to jack up the rear to put them on.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am going to jack the rear uptoin stall the shocks but I have the brackets ordered. I am going to go out today and do the hose mod, do you know how much that will lower the rear? and will I need LCA relocation brackets because of it?

As you can tell I am doing all of my suspension right now. k member, upper, lower control arms, rear lca. qa1's front rear. So everything is apart right now. I am waiting on my headers to put the k member back in so I am working on the rear now. I know O/T but just to let you guys know whats going on.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Launching!

the hose mod should lower it about .75 to 1" in the rear. i would definately get relo brackets, not so much because because of the ride height but more of a traction helper at the track.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jldak318
the hose mod should lower it about .75 to 1" in the rear. i would definately get relo brackets, not so much because because of the ride height but more of a traction helper at the track.
I did the hose mod and v6 springs on mine, love the ride height and the ride.
Not too high and not too low either.