Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which lane do you prefer when bracket racing?
Left
9.80%
Right
23.53%
I don't care, I switch up most the day
9.80%
It depends more on the track/day
56.86%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Bracket racing guys. Which lane Right or Left? Why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter which lane I'm in I generally will line up a guy when we're both prestaged. I'll find a spot on my window where his front tires are and make sure they stay behind there when we go through the traps, I've even put a stripe on the window.

I've gotta say there's no better boost to your ego than when people won't line up on you. When I first started driving I won a lot of rounds early and was slaughtering the tree and people took notice so lanes would be full up until when they would have to pull next to me then emptiness. I've cooled off since
Old 07-15-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrod382
No matter which lane I'm in I generally will line up a guy when we're both prestaged. I'll find a spot on my window where his front tires are and make sure they stay behind there when we go through the traps, I've even put a stripe on the window.

I've gotta say there's no better boost to your ego than when people won't line up on you. When I first started driving I won a lot of rounds early and was slaughtering the tree and people took notice so lanes would be full up until when they would have to pull next to me then emptiness. I've cooled off since
Yeah I also take a look at where they are when we stage so I know where I need to be on the top end.

I had a streak last year and one weekend I remember in every round I lined up first in the left lane and every car that entered lined up behind me every round. So we had to flip for lanes from round 1 . I think there were about 16 cars entered.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

I've had a lot of success judging people off where they are on my window, the only problem with it though is that if you jump to the right or left or they do it throws everything off.

One time I was dialed like a 5.94 the other car was a 5.96 and we launched then I jumped right and kept him on my spot and we went through with him right on it... I figured I had barely won but I took the stripe by .025 so jumping to either side can throw things off, that's the only problem with that idea.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrod382
I've had a lot of success judging people off where they are on my window, the only problem with it though is that if you jump to the right or left or they do it throws everything off.

One time I was dialed like a 5.94 the other car was a 5.96 and we launched then I jumped right and kept him on my spot and we went through with him right on it... I figured I had barely won but I took the stripe by .025 so jumping to either side can throw things off, that's the only problem with that idea.
True and they can move closer or futher away from you as well.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Launching!

i voted right casue im blind in my right eye soo i guess its a given
Old 07-17-2007, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

From the right lane I look over the tach so I can see both quite easily. In the left lane I have to cover a wider vision field. Not as comfortable. That being said I have had success from both lanes.

:drink::drink:

Quick Reply: Bracket racing guys. Which lane Right or Left? Why?