Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What ET should I run trapping 113?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carrsls1_camaro
Racecar......... hahaha that thing is flying.
Flying? More like crawlin!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
I guess this poster thinks he should be getting through the 1/4 mile quicker because he runs 113 in the traps?

If you spent 4.00 getting through the first 60' I would almost bet, because of the power vs. the weight of your car you would trap 111-113 mph. You said this is your best mph. What is your normal? 98% of the subjects I start get closed by moderators.
I guess it's because no one understands the question or statement so eventually the responders post silly stuff.

There is no correct answer to your question. If you figure out how to get from point A to B better your et. will be lower. If you over rev past the power points of your engine your mph will be less. To me, and I have been told I am crazy, but to me this is a silly *** question. Something you might expect to hear in a jr. high lunch room. Everyone here does understand how and where the mph, ie trap speed is taken, right?
WTF is wrong with you? Did you wake up today and decided to **** on the world? Obviously if I am asking the question is because I am not happy with the ET in relation to the to trap.

Given the car's set up, it has more in it to yield a much better ET if properly outfitted.

Clearly you are self taught, never needed advice, have the world by the ***** and live at home with mama.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt D
Flying? More like crawlin!!!

God I gotta get the wifes car fixed and some new tires on it and I want to race your car with it. What kinda power did you guys get outa that thing? Also that thing is pretty lite wieght. Her car goes over 3650 with me in it.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:40 PM
7 Second Club

I guess this poster thinks he should be getting through the 1/4 mile quicker because he runs 113 in the traps?

If you spent 4.00 getting through the first 60' I would almost bet, because of the power vs. the weight of your car you would trap 111-113 mph. You said this is your best mph. What is your normal? 98% of the subjects I start get closed by moderators.
I guess it's because no one understands the question or statement so eventually the responders post silly stuff.

There is no correct answer to your question. If you figure out how to get from point A to B better your et. will be lower. If you over rev past the power points of your engine your mph will be less. To me, and I have been told I am crazy, but to me this is a silly *** question. Something you might expect to hear in a jr. high lunch room. Everyone here does understand how and where the mph, ie trap speed is taken, right?
Easy does it here. I think the question is valid, as he's looking for opinions on the time he could run with max traction and an efficient driveline. Let's not judge the question, after all everyone didn't just wake up with drag racing knowledge, you had to learn it somewhere. And we're all here to share information and help each other out (okay, happy fuzzy feeling over)

Derek
Old 07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Easy does it here. I think the question is valid, as he's looking for opinions on the time he could run with max traction and an efficient driveline. Let's not judge the question, after all everyone didn't just wake up with drag racing knowledge, you had to learn it somewhere. And we're all here to share information and help each other out (okay, happy fuzzy feeling over)

Derek
You said it better than I did.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carrsls1_camaro
God I gotta get the wifes car fixed and some new tires on it and I want to race your car with it. What kinda power did you guys get outa that thing? Also that thing is pretty lite wieght. Her car goes over 3650 with me in it.
Well, the only hp/tq numbers I got out of it was when I had it on the dyno right before the second TCI converter exploded and took out my whole transmission. It put down 303hp/297tq on a Mustang Dyno. I now have a Yank PT4400 & a FLT Stage 4 4l60e that is working a lot better, and still have yet to throw it back on the dyno. Get her fixed up and we'll run for a beer at August SCC. Ohh, and my car weighs 3050

Sorry about the hijack Balbi, but I figured this thread was going to the ******* anyway when Jake's Dad came in here...
Old 07-14-2007, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Sorry about the hijack Balbi, but I figured this thread was going to the ******* anyway when Jake's Dad came in here...
No problem, lol. Who is this Jake's Dad anyway?

Back on point, my car is heavy, 3,875 with me in it
Old 07-14-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

You trapped that speed because you spun. You'll probably lose some mph if you get it to hook.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BALBI
M6, it puts down 358whp and 378lbs, I Have street tires 275-35-18

My best time so far is 12.75 @113
RT .52 with a 2.27 60ft

Thoughts?
Please listen to what you are informing us . 358 hp. to wheels yields what 420 hp? You're not stock. You haven't read much on this board before you posted, that's ok. Forget who I am, it doesn't matter I am a manager of nothing, an *** hole, and I am old.

Street tires are hard to launch a 3800# car with 420 hp. But it can be done.

Lets try this: lower the rpm launch roll out and punch it, what do you get 60' time and et? Your 2.27 60' is killing your et. That's the polite way of say all the power in the world doesn't help much if you can't get it to the ground.

Sorry, but it really blows me away you might not know this, please think. Every run starts with the 60'. Every other time listed tells you more about your car.

The board might have been more helpful had you thought out your post. " I launch at ----- rpm's, my best 60' is ------ I trap at 113 etc. etc. What is your 1/8 mile mph? My guess 89 - 92. Another helpful hint would also have been to inform the board what gear you have.

I can't believe where you race your car or in your own house hold there isn't someone that would help you. Please keep working with the street tires. Much easier on the other factory parts. I think you have a mid to low 12 second car if you master the driving skills. Not a slam it takes practice. If you run that and keep hitting .520 lights you'll have lots of fun. Forget the old bastards that intentionally post to **** people off. My motive, if I make you mad enough you just might make the effort to learn.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Wink

Please listen to what you are informing us . 358 hp. to wheels yields what 420 hp? You're not stock. You haven't read much on this board before you posted, that's ok. Forget who I am, it doesn't matter I am a manager of nothing, an *** hole, and I am old.

Street tires are hard to launch a 3800# car with 420 hp. But it can be done.

Lets try this: lower the rpm launch roll out and punch it, what do you get 60' time and et? Your 2.27 60' is killing your et. That's the polite way of say all the power in the world doesn't help much if you can't get it to the ground.

Sorry, but it really blows me away you might not know this, please think. Every run starts with the 60'. Every other time listed tells you more about your car.

The board might have been more helpful had you thought out your post. " I launch at ----- rpm's, my best 60' is ------ I trap at 113 etc. etc. What is your 1/8 mile mph? My guess 89 - 92. Another helpful hint would also have been to inform the board what gear you have.

I can't believe where you race your car or in your own house hold there isn't someone that would help you. Please keep working with the street tires. Much easier on the other factory parts. I think you have a mid to low 12 second car if you master the driving skills. Not a slam it takes practice. If you run that and keep hitting .520 lights you'll have lots of fun. Forget the old bastards that intentionally post to **** people off. My motive, if I make you mad enough you just might make the effort to learn.
I think you know this. Your writting style is dificult to follow, at least for me it is. You come across as angry guy that it's pissed off because some drag racing rookies don't know what to you, should be common sense.

Boards like this one are in place for people to share their knowledge, to allow the young ones to learn from crafty veterans. Do you know how many people lurk around here and just absorb knowledge without ever posting?

You are abrassive yes, you say your motive is to motivate people to learn. You didn't get the fact that I am here asking questions and looking for guidance because I want to learn.

The bottom line here, I was looking to see what a car like mine with x power and in ideal conditions could run as an ET. So with practice and the proper advice hopefully I could get there.

I bet you can help lot's of people here if you can distance yourself from your arrogance.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Banned

Ok we're almost on the same page. Thanks for your patience. I'll overcome my anger that anyone has a 420 hp. anything and isn't John Force. But you know even John Force practices.

Previously I said you have a mid 12 second car. Improve your 60' by .200 and you'll improve out the back door, that's from the 1/8 mile to the 1320, by .300 to .500 seconds. Ok old fart how do you do that? Find a happy median for your car. You're car is similar to other cars here but different. That happy median is traction from the start to the first 60'. You learn that with your car track testing. Your car and different tire pressures. Your car and a log showing every damn run you made, tower or other lane, rpm and write yourself some notes.

Do it here or post me directly. Do you have your et ticket? If you don't next time you go racing keep them. If you have one post it, please.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:57 PM

358whp and 378lbs?..
(Dont worry I don't doubt you have a fast ride, you DO.)

why is it that 1960's-70's cars that weigh the same.. and only put out 210ish Rwhp run similar times?

last I looked it Takes a certain amount of Power to move a Certain amount of Weight a certain amount of Distance in a certain amount of Time. PERIOD.
P E R I O D

So due to stupid magazines I am led to believe that it only took 210RWHP in the 60-70's but now it Takes 350+RWHP to go the same 1/4 in the same weight car w/better tire tech..hmm.. Why do i beleive this? because the guy who sold me a K&N at the chassis Dyno shop told me??

(witch added 50 RWHP BTW!!! lol /joke )

I know this is a little off topic, but is it really????? People come here asking why this guy with 400rwhp runs 10's while "i" have 410rwhp and run 12.20's
or they come here asking What will I run with 463.2454 RWHP.

I guess we could help more if Everyone went to the Same Chassis dyno guy on the same day and HE/SHE used the same tricks. that would make fixing these "power related" issues so much Easier to solve!! But wait. "REAL" Horse power numbers dont Sell parts do they?

Just realize...Not everything is what is seems in the world of HP. The fast are fast for a reason.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

My friends stock m6(slp dual/dual/slp lid stock) ran 13.1 @ 110 mph, but I wouldn't say that is the norm.

I say...get some Mickey Thompson Drag radials, or maybe some BFgoodrich DR's, pull some 1.8-1.9 60's and you should be in the low 12's. 60' has so much to do with what your E.T. is.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:43 AM

Well at 113 i would have to say you should be in the mid 11's for sure all you need to do is hook up! the deeper the gear the better the acceleration and less top speed so 3.90's i would say would be a great all around gear for you!

Quick Reply: What ET should I run trapping 113?